“Basoc”

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Bristol
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Basoc”
Reviewed 20 September 2011

The rooms are basic but clean - the lobby and the rooms look like they have been updated recently which is nice. The staff is friendly and check in/check out was very easy. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Molly G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Anywhere, MD
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Paid $80.00 for a room. It seemed pretty clean, but had a strong smoke odor. Had a refrigerator and microwave (didn't need either). The toilet ran, and the air conditioner made a very loud rattling noise when the compressor came on. Internet access was spotty. Had no major complaints, just that the room didn't really justify the price charged.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Cedar Bluff, Virginia
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Room smelled like an ashtray and very musty, blanket and bedspread full of cigarette burns. Table top was covered with sticky, dried up residue. I had to ask for disinfectant and rags to clean before I could go to bed. No refund offered.The pool is seasonal and , not indoors as advertised, either.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Mary C

Travellers are raving about these Bristol hotels

Sarasota, FL
Reviewed 9 August 2011

The stay was OK and everything allright. But it is really an outdated hotel, kind of a negative surprise when you go into the room and see that it really needs to be modernized. Desk help who greeted us at check in at midnight was pretty unfriendly.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Roanoke, VA
Reviewed 21 July 2011

I had a preconceived notion that the Choice Hotels were not clean however I have tried two - three of their hotels in the past few months and was pleased so I thought I would try the Comfort Inn at Exit 5 in Bristol while I was there visiting one of our branches for work. The minute I walked in to the lobby I knew I had made an error as the smell of cigarette stench hit me when I opened the door. I had made the reservations online and knew that I was going to have to pay for the room one way or the other so I thought well maybe it won't be too bad in the room. WRONG answer! The room was by far worse than the lobby. I was in a non-smoking room that was across from a smoking room which made no sense to me and there was a chair in the room that appeared to have been 30+ yrs old and was just nasty looking. The bed did appear to have clean sheets on it but the entire time I was there I was thinking I am going to get bedbugs!! Housekeeping did appear to do their job with what they had to work with the furniture in the room was just nasty looking. I left the next day feeling as if I needed to shower to remove the stench from my body and clothes.
Had I been traveling with my family I would have have definitely moved to a different hotel even if they would not have given me my money back. There is no way I would allow my children to sleep there with that cigarette smell being so prevalent.
Oh and the breakfast they have was quite interesting. The cereal was a generic brand, the bananas were turning brown - they did have waffles as advertised. The muffins appeared to be pretty tasty but I was disappointed and quite frankly the smell of the hotel would have prevented me from enjoying breakfast anyway. Needless to say I stopped for breakfast at a local establishment on the way in to the branch that morning.
Overall I was very disappointed and if this was my first visit to a Choice Hotel I would not return to one. I would highly recommend to make sure to check out the room before you agree to stay there -- I think it will make you change your mind about where you lay your head that night!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Tab74mu
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Very unreasonable and unfriendly staff. Kicked us out for having too many people claiming it was break some fire code. The manager obviously wanted to make more money and charge us for another room. He called the cops without a chance for a settlement.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank Gk6177
Sterling, Virginia
Reviewed 24 November 2010

We ended up picking this Comfort Inn by chance during a leg of our road trip to Nashville. We were pleasantly surprised. Room was nothing fancy, but clean and recently updated. Bathroom was pretty small, but room had microwave, coffee maker and small fridge. Lots of clean towels and our window faced a quiet courtyard. Breakfast was good, hot waffles, etc.. Will definitely stay again during out next long road trip.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bristol
Quality Inn and Suites Bristol
Fairfield Inn & Suites Bristol
Hampton Inn Bristol
Hampton Inn Bristol
#2 of 6 in Bristol

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!