“Good place to stay in Bristol, VA”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Motel 6 Bristol

Motel 6 Bristol
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Bristol
Maine
“Good place to stay in Bristol, VA”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

The Motel 6, Bristol, VA is a very nice place to stay. The front desk was very attentive. The location is fantastic. There is just about anything you want in way of restaurants and shopping close to the motel. The room was clean and updated. I have nothing but good things to say about the Motel 6 Bristol, VA. I will stay there again for sure.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank IdrivealotMaine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Bristol,Va
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2013

I live in Bristol,Va but i stayed with my boyfriend here this weekend March 1-3 . I just have to say this is a great Hotel , Windy that checked us in was super nice , our room was very clean , updated , and the beds were comfy to . I have no problem's to report at all . I don't understand why people have put this hotel down in recent comments . They are wrong people , i would recommend this hotel if your looking for a quick stop , but if your looking for free breakfast and all the other upgrades for a hotel go else where . But great place my boy friend said he would come back for sure !! :)

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kmfbristolVa
East Central Pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2012

My wife's family and home before we married is Bristol Virginia. We have stayed at nine other Bristol facilities and by far this is the Best. Not the most luxurious, or the most amenities. It is always clean, comfortable, affordable, quiet,, convenient and hassel free. Wendy is a delight and a hospitable asset to the facility. All staff members are polite and accomodating. We stay here at least six times a year.

Room Tip: All facilities are noisy near ice machines, elevators or lobby. Request room remote from these spots...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Pennsylvania55
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2012

After seven hours driving looked for a place to stay. Saw the Motel 6 and all rooms enter from the inside, so took a chance. $55 latter and we were entering a semi clean double bed room . The laminate flooring felt somewhat sticky, the bathroom seemed clean with a powerful toilet. Beds were too soft and lumby pillows for my liking. No shampoo. Conditioner or hair dryer in the room? Never complained, just checked out in the morning. It wouldnt be my first choice, but for the price I guess thats what one should expect!

• Stayed December 2012
PA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

This was the only room in town as there was some car race scheduled for the next day. Newly renovated, the motel looks inviting inside and out. But once inside we experienced several problems. The bedding was simply not in keeping with a $150/night fee. The coverlet was soiled with a prominent brown stain. The bed was sloppily made. There was a curly dark hair under the pillow, and the pillows were horrible (flat and lumpy). When we asked for extra blankets, we were given old ones that you might keep in your garage for moving furniture. The walls are paper thin and since the floors are newly laminated, sound bounces around. I fell asleep at 11pm to be awakened at midnight by a pick-up truck parked out my window blaring music. The front desk person kindly got them to stop, but then they came inside slamming doors. I finally fell back to sleep to wake again to hear the guy in the next room taking/making phone calls, yakking it up with a visitor, and laughing. I don't think he was so loud, just the walls are so thin and not insulated. He finally gets quiet at 1am, but now I'm up for the night, laying in bed wondering if I checked out, how far down the road I would go to make it to the next hotel? Very upsetting as I was in the middle of a 15 hour drive when we pulled over.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

We stayed there twice in July. The location was close to everything but far enough from the interstate to get a quiet nights sleep. Avoid a room close to the exit doors on the north and south ends of the bldg if you are a light sleeper. The fist time Tammy who checked us in, mentioned that they had a full house the night before and wanted to be sure our room was clean. The room was as advertised and the price was good. We saw Wendy (again) at checkout and she reserved a room for our return trip. On our second stay a couple of days later check in was quick. The man who checked us in held the door for me as I unloaded my truck. They actually held two rooms for me but actually gave us a handicapped accessible room which was larger. I think Wendy was aware of some health issues we had. The AC unit in this room needed a new filter because there was noticeable odor when the unit was on and the lobby was still a little smoky, but based on value I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012
houston
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2012

Me and my husband stayed at this hotel because we were offered a free night stay for a bad experience that we encountered a few weeks before at another Motel 6 in Johnson City, TN. The room was good for the price and the front desk was ok. We stayed up most of the night but when we woke up the next morning my husband had numerous of bites over his arms and legs and a few on his back. We informed the front desk and the only response we got was it could be fleas or bed bugs. We called the customer service number who took a report. They informed us not to talk to the Motel directly but to let them handle it. Two days ago I got a letter in the mail stating that since it was privately owned they could do nothing. My husband went to the hospital were it was determined that his bites were caused by bed bugs. We will NOT be staying at this hotel as since kknowing they have bed bugs and still did nothing to inform the guests.

Room Tip: Do not get a smoking room!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
nlgopal, General Manager at Motel 6 Bristol, responded to this review, 21 June 2012
We have conducted all the necessary measures to check if there were any bed bugs in the room. After our pest control technician inspected the room, and found no signs of bed bugs or any other type of incsects. We do not know what could have bitten your boyfriend. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business.