“Don't really want pet owners”
Review of Motel 6 Bristol

Motel 6 Bristol
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Bristol
Huntsville, Alabama
“Don't really want pet owners”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We were travelling and decided to stop in Bristol to visit family. We had stayed at the hotel once before with our dogs and the experience wasn't a great one but at least we were on the first floor and it was easy to get the dogs in and out. The room and whole hallway smelled like cigarette smoke even though we had asked for non-smoking room. Anyway, I had read that the hotel had been remodeled so I made a reservation. Well, the lady at the front desk was about to give me a 3rd floor room and I asked her if we could get a 1st floor room because we had dogs and would need to let them out. She said I'm sorry but the dog floor is the 3rd floor. I said, you are kidding? She said no and that the new owner decided to do it that way. I couldn't believe it...I walked out to the car and talked to my husband about it and because it was late, we decided to go ahead and stay....bad decision!! We had to go into the front entrance with our dogs and take the elevator to the 3rd floor. I mean come on...if you are going to accept pets and charge a fee for them then I would think that you could make it a little more convenient! This tells me that the new owner would really rather not have pet owners stay at his hotel. And to top things off, the room didn't even have a coffee maker or hair dryer. So, my advice is the find another hotel if you are travelling with your pet/pets.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Shirley D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Ocracoke, North Carolina
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

My family and i travel to bristol regularly to visit family and always choose this hotel. The staff is very attentive and helpful. The rooms are clean and roomy. Its centrally located across the street from walmart, restaurants and other shopping. All in all a great little spot to stay.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 12 May 2014

My husband is from Bristol Tennessee and we have stayed on the Tenn. side in some horrible hotels. This time a friend told us that everything decent was out on exit 7 VA side(shopping and eateries) so we arrived on 5/8/2014 and seen this one. I was leery at first because it was Motel 6 but after entering the room I was shocked. This motel has been totally renovated and was clean and very quiet. The price was cheap and we stayed 3 nights. The only draw back is that they don't have breakfast but they do have free coffee in the morning but there are so many restaurants around there that you wont mind. When we come down again I'm sure we will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Andrea162700
Palmyra, Virginia
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stayed here one night on my way to TN. The front desk staff couldn't have been nicer! The room was clean and quiet. The bed and pillows were comfortable and I slept great! The location was right off of I81 but far enough that you don't get any of the traffic noise. There are numerous restaurants close by and was able to drive through a nearby Starbucks for my breakfast and morning coffee! Only thing that I would have liked is a hair dryer and ironing board and iron in the room. Overall it was a great stay and plan to stay there again on my way back to TN in May. Can't beat the price for a great place to stay!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We stayed here last September and were extremely grateful to be given an upgrade. Our room was very clean and it was convenient for the Festival as the Courtesy Bus stops at the hotel. A big bonus was that several of the musicians were also staying there and we made unexpected contact with some of them who we now hope to see in the UK.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Berryville, Virginia
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

I have been staying at this Motel 6 for many years and have always found it clean, modern and inexpensive. The desk staff has always been friendly and very helpful. It is conveniently located near I81 but is quiet, in a safe area, the parking lot is well lit and there are many restaurant options nearby.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Melissa D
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 27 February 2014

This was the one of the cheapest options available to me for a late-February trip, and I was blown away at the value I you get. Clean, simple room - it served its purpose. Only complaint is that the check-in area stinks of old cigarette smoke. Once you get past that, though, you'll be fine. Will definitely stay here again the next time I need to be in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bristol
Courtyard Bristol
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 13 in Bristol
Fairfield Inn & Suites Bristol

Been to Motel 6 Bristol? Share your experiences!