“Good value, great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Motel 6 Bristol

Motel 6 Bristol
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Bristol
“Good value, great location”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised at the location. The motel is a short distance from the interstate and was surrounded by restaurants and stores, yet it seemed secluded. The room was updated, but nothing special. It was clean. The walls were paper thin and our neighbors got up at 5:30 every morning. We stayed here while racing at the drag strip at Bristol, TN. Not a bad drive away at all. Plenty of options for restaurants. Would stay again.

Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Merrimac
Reviewed 5 July 2014

When I travel on the motorcycle, I am tired and have no need for extra fluff that I will not use anyhow. I need a quiet clean room and bathroom to get clean again and sleep. The young man on desk duty when we checked in was very nice and helpful. I reserved on-line, so cannot tell you about that experience. The motel is newly remodeled, so the room was new, large and clean. It is less frills than most places anymore, but I am not there to see a fashion statement. There was hard laminate floor without carpeting, which I actually appreciated because it is so much cleaner than the dirt in carpeting that you will never see. The price was much cheaper too, which allows me to make the trip at all. Seemed like a good safe area of town with stores and restaurants nearby for supplies or supper. Not as good as a nice Mom & Pop place, but I would certainly stay here again when it fits into my route. Had separate motorcycle parking spaces near building.

Room Tip: Probably all the rooms are good. I stayed in room away from parking lot which was quiet, but not abl...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
California
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I have to say that this Motel 6 was a very WELCOMED surprise. Compared to many other Motel 6's that I've stayed at over the years, this is by far one of the cleanest & best looking. The room I was in was clean, & the colors vibrant. No smells/bad odors. Not a lot of decorations in the room, but that's ok. I'd rather pay $63 bucks & get a good night's rest. Loved the fact that there was no carpet on the floor. Lighting was adequate but could use a little boost. Outlets away from beds were great & not lacking. Could use some better accessible ones by the beds, instead of under the furniture. The room was spacious to move around. Treena at the front desk was really nice. I asked Treena about the property & she said that the place was built around 13 years ago & was remodeled a few years ago. Job well done. Location is really nice. It's really close to restaurants like Chile's, Golden Corral, fast food places & a super Wal-Mart to boot with a McDonald's inside.... & all across the street!..... Walking distance!! Don't know when I'll be rolling through Bristol again, but I'd definitely stay here if I roll on through. I'd definitely recommend this Motel 6 to others, especially if they're trying to save a buck or two.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We were travelling and decided to stop in Bristol to visit family. We had stayed at the hotel once before with our dogs and the experience wasn't a great one but at least we were on the first floor and it was easy to get the dogs in and out. The room and whole hallway smelled like cigarette smoke even though we had asked for non-smoking room. Anyway, I had read that the hotel had been remodeled so I made a reservation. Well, the lady at the front desk was about to give me a 3rd floor room and I asked her if we could get a 1st floor room because we had dogs and would need to let them out. She said I'm sorry but the dog floor is the 3rd floor. I said, you are kidding? She said no and that the new owner decided to do it that way. I couldn't believe it...I walked out to the car and talked to my husband about it and because it was late, we decided to go ahead and stay....bad decision!! We had to go into the front entrance with our dogs and take the elevator to the 3rd floor. I mean come on...if you are going to accept pets and charge a fee for them then I would think that you could make it a little more convenient! This tells me that the new owner would really rather not have pet owners stay at his hotel. And to top things off, the room didn't even have a coffee maker or hair dryer. So, my advice is the find another hotel if you are travelling with your pet/pets.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Shirley D
Ocracoke, North Carolina
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

My family and i travel to bristol regularly to visit family and always choose this hotel. The staff is very attentive and helpful. The rooms are clean and roomy. Its centrally located across the street from walmart, restaurants and other shopping. All in all a great little spot to stay.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 12 May 2014

My husband is from Bristol Tennessee and we have stayed on the Tenn. side in some horrible hotels. This time a friend told us that everything decent was out on exit 7 VA side(shopping and eateries) so we arrived on 5/8/2014 and seen this one. I was leery at first because it was Motel 6 but after entering the room I was shocked. This motel has been totally renovated and was clean and very quiet. The price was cheap and we stayed 3 nights. The only draw back is that they don't have breakfast but they do have free coffee in the morning but there are so many restaurants around there that you wont mind. When we come down again I'm sure we will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Andrea162700
Palmyra, Virginia
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stayed here one night on my way to TN. The front desk staff couldn't have been nicer! The room was clean and quiet. The bed and pillows were comfortable and I slept great! The location was right off of I81 but far enough that you don't get any of the traffic noise. There are numerous restaurants close by and was able to drive through a nearby Starbucks for my breakfast and morning coffee! Only thing that I would have liked is a hair dryer and ironing board and iron in the room. Overall it was a great stay and plan to stay there again on my way back to TN in May. Can't beat the price for a great place to stay!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo