“Drove 5.5 hours back home instead of staying here during a booked up race weekend.”

Red Carpet Inn Bristol
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Bristol
Wilson, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 March 2013 via mobile

My father-in-law and I booked this hotel for a Saturday night after a Nationwide race. Pretty much all local hotels were booked solid. When I called, the lady told me to call back in two hours because she didn't know prices or how to book a room.

We ended up booking it for $221, with taxes. We checked in at about 10 a.m, but couldn't get the key yet, which was fine. We came back at about 7:30 after the races and got the key. It didn't even fit the door! So they gave us a key to another vacant room, which was disgusting and reeked of smoke. There were kids outside jumping in the dumpster and broken down cars in the lot.

We decided we'd drive back home, 5+ hours away, rather than stay in that trash hole. The clerk, who still didn't know how to do anything, called the owner who refused us a full refund because they had "held the room all day."

Meanwhile, somebody called in and got a room for that night and the next night for $240 total. Keep in mind, ours was $221 for ONE night. This place obviously has no set rate for the rooms and is complete garbage. Don't even think about staying here!!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Mehands

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed 22 September 2012

I stayed here to go take a VA state board test and the room itself was ok-ish but the floors are very dirty. I'm pretty sure they have a mold issue because since i left my nasal cavities have been congested (which happens with mold) plus the room smelled mildewy. The only good thing that came from my stay was a really funny story. While looking for a power outlet (there were only 2 in the entire room) i searched behind the bed. I pulled the headboard to move the bed out and pulled the whole dang thing off the wall! After a momentary freak out about paying for a new bed i realized that the headboard was there hanging off a flimsy piece of wood. Once i reattached it i wound up sleeping in a very awkward position because i was scared the headboard would fall on my head. I think next time i will forego the extra 15 20 dollars and stay somewhere nicer. Not worth the money at all.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank raycho08

Travellers are raving about these Bristol hotels

Bristol, Tennessee
Reviewed 7 March 2012

My family and I stayed there and had booked reservations months in advance so we could have a place to stay while looking for a home.We had a hard time because we were traveling during race weekend. The room was nasty,as so was the carpet. We requested another room and was told there were none so we requested the carpets to be cleaned. They would turn your socks black after only a few minutes. The day after we arrived,our two-year old woke with a bad bite on his finger. We took him to the E.R.,it was confirmed a bite and he was given medication. We started noticing bites and about a week later I woke in the middle of the night and as I was returning to bed,there they were,crawling in the bed with us. Three of them,bedbugs,found three more in my pillow,inside the pillow case. I kept two in a sealed baggy and flushed the rest. I showed the owner the bugs the next day and he tried to say they were chiggers. I showed him the info and pictures I found on the internet on my cell phone and he agreed they were bedbugs. He moved us to another room. We kept noticing little bites here and there. We found a home and left the hotel. Our home is only three-years old,has monthly inspections and monthly spraying all of which are provided by the landlord. We've been getting bites. My son woke yesterday morning with 50 bites,he's only two. I took him to the pediatrician,today. It was confirmed bites as the diagnoses. We have carried the bugs here from the hotel. We have tried alcohol treatments and steaming and nothing has worked. We have hired an exterminator and now have a huge $600.00 bill,in which we have to pay ourselves. I called the hotel to speak to the owner and was told that the room we stayed in has been closed down because of bedbugs,by one of the staff. When I finally reached the owner,he stated, "we don't have bedbugs"..as he knew who I was and the bugs I showed him, He said he will not help with the bill..get an attorney. The staff told me,during all of this,that two-men turned them in for bedbugs to the health dept. sometime before we stayed there. Please,do not stay there. These bites are very painful and my two year old has an allergy to them. We all have bites and they can scar due to scratching. The photos above are of today. These bugs bite in clusters and we have recently found out from the exterminator we've hired,each time they bite,they can lay 200-500 eggs. Now,we have to deal with chemicals in our home just to get rid of them. Once again,please do not stay at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank tammy r
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Made reservation ahead of time, was promised bottom floor, fridge and microwave and non smoking room from the gentleman that took my reservation. Got there had to go upstairs no fridge or microwave and was a smoking room. That was all that was available after they let the place fill up with Mexicans. The owner kept telling us he will bring us a fridge and microwave to us for three days in a row. Sad to say he made the poor housekeepers bring us one finally on our fifth day. His wife Wanda is the most rudest and hateful lady I have ever met in my life. How can they let these people run this place and give Red Carpet a bad name. Time for some new management. When I paid wanda in office she puts our money straight in her pocket and not register, sure we werent even put down on books that we stayed here. Guess thats why place is going down hill they pocket money instead of placing it back in business. No more staying here when I come to Highlands Festival, Motel 6 was much nicer and better. The housekeepers and the young lady working front desk are the only ones that seems to care about the place.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank Lindsey10123
Nicktown
Reviewed 20 June 2011

Unless you are desperate for sleep do not stay here. It was horrible, dirty,old, flies everywhere in the room, smelled, look like from the 50's, pool was closed. Picnic table outside room was rotten and falling apart..There was old shampoo and soap left from last rental, simply awful. I could hardly make myself stay, but had already paid for 2 nights and would have lost my money.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Holly45_01
Hillsboro, Ohio
Reviewed 22 March 2011

Got to be kidding, seriously, they actually take your money with a straight face? Door lock on front door had no guts to it, dead bolt was missing. All the other reviews are true that is on here, Dirty filthy damn place, would feel bad to let my dog stay in this place. My house slippers were sticking to the bathroom floor, water ran all night, no wi fi, no fridge, no micro wave, no iron. Guy beside us was working on his motorcycle/truck. Place should be condemmed. Next time we go we will rent a RV and be closer to the track. Would rather waste my money on gas, and stay in something up to the century. This is serious, dont take these reviews lightly, they are true, if you dont believe go see for yourself! YUK.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank moparmark
ohio
Reviewed 22 March 2010

Stayed there for the Bristol spring nascar race and we had a two night minimum stay at $200 per night. The room stunk, sink in the bathroom didn't drain, sink outside of the bathroom ran all the time, and when we checked under the mattress we found a used tampon. Bottom line is that i will never stay there again in my life.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank xxtbrosxx
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bristol
Holiday Inn Bristol Conference Center
Quality Inn and Suites Bristol
Econo Lodge Bristol
Econo Lodge Bristol
#6 of 13 in Bristol

Been to Red Carpet Inn Bristol? Share your experiences!