“great value for money”

Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Bristol
virginia
“great value for money”
Reviewed 13 August 2008

I just completed a three week stay in this motel. It is located in a rural area and is clean, quiet, and a good value for your money. I received a economical weekly rate. The room was well apportioned with everything I asked for: a fridge, microwave, iron, and ironing board. It is only three miles from shopping and well-known restaurants and a convenience store is located across the street. Each ground floor room has a small patio with two chairs overlooking the very clean pool. There is adequate parking including over-sized vehicles. The owners, Wanda and Todd who live on the property, will go out of their way to provide for guests and to make them happy. This is an older motel with some of the problems that hard water with high iron content will have; i.e. calcium deposits on the sinks and iron stains in the toilet. However, they are CLEAN just stained. The maids were very attentive and as a woman alone I felt very safe. I too read the awful reviews before staying but I was pleasantly pleased. Please remember that you are not staying in a five star hotel and therefore, are not paying five star prices. Thanks Wanda and Todd and I will see you next year! This is a good businessman's motel!

• Liked — The Price
  • Disliked — Could stand some rennovations
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank apwats

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
South Carolina
Reviewed 19 March 2008

So, I booked my stay at the Red Carpet Inn with apprehension after reading the previous reviews, but I did see that the motel had been remodeled in 2004, so I made the AWFUL mistake of thinking it couldn't be as bad as described. Let me assure you that it was all that and more! I took pictures with my camera, but the lighting was so poor in the room that they don't do justice to the filth covering everything. I checked in late race weekend and was nervous to be paying over $200 a night, when the motel normally rents for $30-$40-can you say price gauging?!? I got my keys to the standard 2 double bed room with mini-fridge, microwave and WI-FI that I had been guaranteed upon booking. Needless to say, it was not what I expected- there was no microwave, no mini-fridge and no working internet. Actually, very little worked in the room. I immediately wanted to scream knowing that I was locked into a 2-night stay and $430 bill for the nastiest room I had ever laid eyes on. I literally had to buy lysol to spray on everything before I touched it. I also purchased, sheets, pillows, towels, wash cloths and in no way touched any body part to anything in the room or bathroom. There was literally dirt, NOT stains on the floor, shower, tables, walls, etc. The room reeked of some unknown smell and they was a bizarre rod stabbed through the ceiling--nice touch I add!! why in the world would that be their? There was also some type of mold looking stuff on the ceiling and the wallpaper was peeling off. I was literally in the motel from heck!! When I looked at the tops of counters, there was a thick film of dirt, sticky stuff and old cup rings. The pool, which I didn't plan on swimming in anyway, was half filled and brown with scum. FILTHY!!! I can only say one good thing about the place, upon check-in, the staff was extremely nice, but they must not have a conscience since they rip people off, false advertise and let people sleep in those unsanitary rooms. The place should be condemned! My favorite part of the entire thing is...upon leaving our room (we left ALL sheets, towels, blankets, etc there b/c nothing touching that room was coming back into my house) is that I couldn't even talk to anyone about my stay at check-out, I had to simply put my keys in a basket and the door was locked! Classy!! I guess they were scared to talk to people after they stay there, I would be too!! I called the Red Carpet Inn to share my experience with them and spoke with the owner. She basically told me tough luck, that I wasn't guaranteed a microwave and mini-fridge, even though it said (on the website) that I got one with my disgusting $200/night room. She didn't care about my comments and said it didn't matter what I wrote on this board or felt because someone would rent their rooms for race weekend anyway! It appalls me that they get away with this and I encourage everyone to boycott the Red Carpet Inn. They jack up the price to 5 times the normal rate and you are sleeping in filth! Please stay anywhere else or stay in a tent, trust me, it is cleaner!! Don't stay here and let them know they cannot treat people like this and maybe they will learn not to have a conscience and not rip people off!!

• Liked — Nothing!!
  • Disliked — Everything!!
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank HiltonHonorsGirl

Travellers are raving about these Bristol hotels

bristolVa
Reviewed 8 January 2008

The maid at this hotel is so very helpful.She went out of her way to make sure we had everything we needed and if we didn't she made sure she fixed it.I just wish she had more help because she seemed to be worked to death.There was also a very nice man there with glasses that was pleasant and very helpful.I think he must've been the handy man.These people deserve a raise!As far as the lady in the front office,she seemed very harsh and not very friendly and she talks too loud!

Stayed January 2008
2 Thank otacon502
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 April 2005

Spoke with manager multiple times about getting the water fixed. We were told over and over that they would but we stayed there for two nights and the water was never fixed. Then the manager would not return our phone calls or address our complaint. This is unacceptable after paying $200 a night because it was race weekend. Would not recommend to anyone.

• Stayed April 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 March 2004

I stayed at the Red Carpet Inn Bristol on Feb. 20, 2004. It was the most awful hotel I have ever stayed in. To say that the experience was ?third world? is being very polite. My experience mirrors that of the user from Knoxville, but I did not have a pet with me, so that can?t account for the horrific state of my room. My ?non-smoking? room reeked of cigarettes and was absolutely filthy. The carpet was stained, and was warn through or completely missing in several areas. It was not clear if the carpet, window blinds, blanket or comforter had ever been cleaned, as they were all heavily stained and soiled. The sheets seemed clean, but shared the nasty smell of the rest of the room. The plumbing leaked and the sinks and shower did not drain properly. The wallpaper and baseboard were dirty, and were hanging away from the wall in several locations. Only three lights in the room were operational (in the bathroom and one by the door), and there were several very large wet spots in the carpet. The heater did not work properly, and there were bare wires hanging out of the ceiling where the smoke detector should have been. Although I didn?t see any roaches, their droppings were all over the carpet and a strip of dead flies 1/2 inch deep was present on the carpet along the edge of the patio door. A very disgusting experience!

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 30 January 2004

I stayed at the Red Carpet Bristol last night. While the night receptionist was very curteous for 12:30 am, the room I received was the worst I've ever had in the States! A cockroach on the bathroom door, a shower that wouldn't drain as I took a shower, and a pinky sized fecal log in front of the heat unit are the worst of the story -- the peeling wallpaper, the stain beneath the bathroom sink, the taped together baseboard, the ashes on the heat unit and the worn and missing carpet are the lesser evils. I DID have a pet with me, and perhaps this is the state of the pet rooms, but I have certainly received FAR better. I've had similar experiences in third world hotels, but at a fraction of the cost. I wouldn't recommend this "experience" to anyone.

3 Thank Julianne D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bristol
Comfort Inn
#6 of 13 in Bristol
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#7 of 10 in Abingdon

Been to Red Carpet Inn Bristol? Share your experiences!