“Will stay here again...”
Review of Courtyard Bristol

Courtyard Bristol
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Bristol
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Our reservation was wrong when we arrived, however. We asked for two queen beds and received a King with a sofa sleeper. It took a while to get some extra padding to make the sleeper sofa comfortable, but it worked out fine in the end. Chris made up for it by giving us a free breakfast, which was quite delicious.

The pool is small but clean and a nice temperature. The hot tub/whirlpool is great for adults (hot!) but I would not suggest it for children under the age of 13.

There is free starbucks coffee (not foofoo) all day and the front desk people are very nice and helpful. The housekeeping department is fantastic. We never had to wait long if we needed something brought to our room, and they cleaned the rooms better than many hotels at which I have stayed.

If you have kids, visiting Bristol Caverns and Sycamore Shoals Historic Park are a must. However, I must admit, getiing directions to the caverns by a local is suggested as I had a bit of a stuggle finding it.

Overall it it was a good stay and we will be going back.

Room Tip: Do not get a room on the highway side. The airconditioner/heater does block out some of the sound s...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 May 2012

Rooms were clean, spacious & comfortable. The AC in our room sounded like water dripping the entire night when it was running. I thought there was a leak in the bathroom at first. My biggest complaint that I had with this location was they had a full service bar in the hotel & they were advertising "happy hour" but when we ordered our drinks they were still $6.50 each & one of the drinks was "virgin" for a child. That was a little much I thought so we left & went next door to the steakhouse where the drinks were more affordable. The hotel staff were very friendly & helpful. Overall the visit was very good.

Room Tip: Hotel is right up against the interstate so stay on the opposite side it is much quieter!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2012

After staying in a couple of other hotels in the same Exit 7 location, I checked into the Marriot and was very surprised--the single room was spacious, quiet and extremely comfortable--quite unlike any other place in the area. Even the in-room coffee was good. From my bed I had a beautiful view of the hills and the sunset; the next two nights, however, I was moved to a double, queen bed room on the interstate side and found the view to be not so pleasant and the traffic noise disturbed my sleep. All in all, I found the guest laundry room to be very convenient, the pool clean and refreshing and the staff very pleasant.

Room Tip: Request a room on the side opposite the highway.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank bopeep2011
Reviewed 1 May 2012

This might be the best hotel along I-81 in south VA. Stayed in a 1 bed suite - tons of room. Bathroom and vanity were spacious. Comfortable king bed. Nice indoor pool and great outdoor "courtyard" space with gazebo and koi pond. Kids liked using the pool and then playing outside. Noise level was good and slept well. Like the separate temp controls in LR and bedroom.

Room Tip: Free coffee/tea in lobby - don't pay for the same thing from the Bistro!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Traveling with my family and needed a hotel along I-81 for an overnight stop. Front desk clerk was very friendly and efficient. Double queen room was spacious and clean. Bathroom had tub/shower combo. In room coffeemaker but no microwave. (Shelving that houses a microwave in the cabinet was empty.) Beds comfortable and despite being next to a highway, heard no noise. Indoor pool was a decent size, especially for an 8 year old. Plenty of fresh towels poolside. Didn't eat at the the Bistro as we opted to eat our meals elsewhere. Lots of shopping and restaurants in close proximity. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2012

A very comfy Courtyard that appears to have been recently updated. Surprising quiet given that it is right on the highway and smack in the midst of a myriad of restaurants and a megaplex theater. Even with the hotel completely booked, there was no disruptive noise.

Lots of places within walking distance to eat if you like Logan's Steakhouse, Perkins, Ruby Tuesday sort of places. The Courtyard has a Starbuck's Bistro (with bar) in the lobby that has OK food, but is rather pricey for what you get. The staff was very accommodating in modifying a few selections to meet my need for a vegetarian meal.

The only negative was the pillows. They were only 3/4 size and stuffed with something that shifted constantly during the night. I woke up with a nasty stiff neck which is unusual for me at Marriott brand hotels.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 April 2012

This is a very nice hotel. Very clean and updated. The only negative was the air conditioning. It wouldnt run at all. The hotel said they would move us but we had young kids and it was already 2 a.m.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bristol
Hilton Garden Inn Bristol
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 13 in Bristol
Quality Inn and Suites Bristol

Been to Courtyard Bristol? Share your experiences!