“Clean and Quiet”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Bristol
Franklin, North Carolina
“Clean and Quiet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2012

My husband and I with two kids stayed here in route to Washington DC. The two queen room was clean and spacious. There was a coffee maker and fridge. It seemed very quiet and I did not hear hall noise or interstate. The curtains blocked the sun well. There were only 3 towels in the bathroom but I am sure we could have asked for more. There was free morning coffee and tea service but it was a pay for breakfast place. There was an IHOP next door as well. Overall we got a good nights sleep and average value for this hotel and location.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Wayahdoc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2012

First time to this property. Everything relating to the stay was very good overall, but the walls are notably thinner on this property than in all the other Courtyards I have stayed in. I have stayed in many Courtyards.

After having stayed at a good number of the Courtyards that have been refurbished with the "GO Board", Bistro and new furniture, I really like the way Marriott's done up these properties. The Bistro is great because now you can get dinner in addition to a wide selection of breakfast fare. All items on the menu are reasonably priced. You certainly won't go broke. Beer, wine and liquor are also offered.

The wireless internet was slow and I had some trouble during the stay with that. This is usually the case in the evenings. I have reported this to Marriott corporate a year or more ago, as it is a common problem of simply not engineering sufficient bandwidth when a significant number of users get on line. I use an iPad too and I have a problem where the wireless kicks me off numerous times during the evening. This never happens on my PC. This occurs at multiple properties. I don't know what the wireless network's problem has with iPads, but it is mildly annoying.

My rate was $125 before tax which I consider reasonable but the tax man (or woman) got an additional $17.50 for a tax rate of 12.3% - Geez.

Room Tip: Get a room at the end of the hall so you have only one room next to you.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Tech-trekker
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2012 via mobile

The hotel was very nice, service was excellent. The only issue I had was the price. It would be nice if a breakfast was included for the price you pay. Prices at the restaurant are high. Good location not too far from the interstate.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Mhc29
South Riding, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2012

Although my husband and I have stayed at this property for years and have always had good experiences, I must comment on my recent stay in early December. On our way to Nashville to pick up my elderly, disabled mother so that she could spend the holidays with us in northern Virginia, we stayed, as we always do, at the Bristol Courtyard. I had requested a handicapped room for the following night for my mother without realizing that there are two types of handicapped rooms. When I checked Friday night on the room we had reserved for her for Saturday night, I was chagrined to find that while there was a handicapped room reserved, it had a bathtub rather than a roll-in shower. After speaking with the staff, they promised to do what they could, but that all the rooms on the first floor (where the appropriate room was located) were currently occupied, but that they would do what they could. We were SO relieved when we returned late Saturday night with my mother to find that her room was one with a roll-in shower and that we were right across the hall. I don't know how they managed, but it made a tremendous difference to the beginning of my mother's month-long visit to Virginia. This is an excellent Courtyard, recently remodeled, in an excellent location (walking distance to several restaurants). It is a little expensive, but the property itself, the staff, and the location are excellent, so even if I could save a little money elsewhere, I can't imagine having a better experience. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not on the interstate side. We prefer the first floor since it's easy to...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Vicki_in_Virginia
Knoxville, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2012

This Courtyard is one of their upgraded brand properties, I think. It's very nice, and the staff was excellent right down to the email "thank you" from the manager. But it's just an interstate hotel, so the room rate (even the senior rate) is a bit high for the value.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DEGlass
Neptune, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2012 via mobile

This is hands down the best Courtyard I have ever stayed at! Staff was so very helpful - personal note from the manager thanking me for my status with Marriott and choosing the hotel, free cookies and all. Room was great - ultra clean and the lobby area was the same. Plenty of choice in the area right next to or near hotel for food. This is a great location should you need to travel in this area of VA. Highly recommend it!!

Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank jsabatini
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012

we arrived very early and Aleta took wonderful care of us. She alosmade sure we had a room on the front side because of the highway in back. The staff was helpful thrught our stay and when we go back, this hotel is where we will stay.

Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank jo t
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bristol
Hilton Garden Inn Bristol
Quality Inn and Suites Bristol
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 13 in Bristol

Been to Courtyard Bristol? Share your experiences!