“Great Stay!”
Review of Courtyard Bristol

Courtyard Bristol
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Bristol
Reviewed 8 March 2014

My second trip to the Bristol, VA/TN area and to Abingdon. I did not see this hotel's signage on the exit signs and initially thought I had the wrong exit. No chance! What a great location, with upper end chain restaurants located nearby, and easy access to the interstate. My check-in was efficient and the room was situated just where I had requested. Very well appointed room; however, the bath outlet did not work nor could I find a hairdryer in the room. Additionally, the switch on the nice lighting between the queen beds was difficult to operate. I called the desk and within 3 minutes I had a hair dryer in hand and a request to let them know when it was permissible to make the repairs. Maintenance not only promptly repaired the problems, but took the time to write a personal note informing me of what had been done to correct the problems and left a coupon for a free breakfast in the Bistro. My stay was so peaceful that I decided to stay an additional day--indoor pool and nice exercise area. Lots of business people in the lounge area working in the evenings. I will return. The staff is super and the hotel is well kept!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
TeamCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Courtyard Bristol Hiwassee! We are so happy to hear that you were pleased with your stay and we look forward to our next opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

We have stayed at this hotel several times and this is our go-to stop in the Bristol area. The hotel is clean, convenient to dining and shopping, and quiet if you get a room not facing the interstate. The staff here is also great - very welcoming. I recommend this when staying in the Bristol area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank K2V2
TeamCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property K2V2! We are delighted to hear that you enjoy staying at Courtyard Bristol; we look forward to your next visit and our next opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Every time we travel up and down Interstate 81 we stop and stay at this hotel and we love it. We always know what to expect; a clean room, friendly staff, and use of the pool from our younger daughter. Staff is accommodating and friendly which goes a long way with me.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank kfowlkes
TeamCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thank you for your review kfowlkes! We are happy to hear that you enjoy staying at Courtyard Bristol and we look forward to serving you in your future Interstate 81 travels.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

This hotel is conveniently located off the Interstate. That was ideal for my needs as it is also convenient to restaurants. The room was very large and comfortable. The lobby is also very nice. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I look forward to a return to this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
TeamCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2014

Thank you for your review loywe! We are happy to hear that you were pleased with your room and the service you received while visiting Courtyard Bristol. We look forward to your next visit and our next opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Halfway between the DC area and Huntsville, AL, this property is located a little off the interstate, which makes it very convenient. It is located in an area that has a number of stores and restaurants. There is a large lobby area and a nice restaurant where you can buy breakfast. We did not use any of the facilities such as the gym due to time constraints. One of the disappointments is that there was not a complimentary breakfast and I might have overlooked it, but I did not see any complimentary coffee in the lobby. The room was clean and large and the staff was friendly and helpful.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Courtyard Bristol PA B! We are excited to hear that you were pleased with your stay and we look forward to our next opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

Return visitor to courtyard. Has a better room rate for seniors than Fairfield Inns nearby. In great shape, close to restaurants and shopping. Very friendly staff. Easy access to interstate 81. Stay on side away from highway. Truck noise can be bothersome.

Stayed: December 2013
TeamCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Thank you for your review William H! We are excited to have had another opportunity to serve your accommodation needs and look forward to your next visit to Courtyard Bristol.

Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

The stay was great. Being a former hotel manager for Hilton Hotels I was quite impressed with the concept of the courtyard. Upon checkin I did find some food left behind in my fridge, I understood though that sometimes mistakes happen and April at the front desk sent up the houseman to clean that out right away. As I always do when staying at hotels I start my stay with a Quality inspection of the room and in my room I found minimal mistakes. A few pointers I would give to the staff is to be sure your cleaning the window seals and also cleaning up the residue left behind in the soap dishes in the shower. I don't hold the housekeeper accountable for this as much as I do the Inspectress or Executive Housekeeper. Nothing major and my stay was awesome. The area is very rural and not like Dallas/Fort Worth (what I'm used to) but the hotel is located in about the best part of the Tri Cities area. The staff was great and I plan to stay many more times! Keep up the hard work!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
TeamCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property Thegen12. Being a former GM I'm sure you understand our excitement each time we receive feedback from our guests. We look forward to discussing your review with our team and are happy to hear that you were pleased with your visit. We very much look forward to our next opportunity to serve you at Courtyard Bristol.

Assistant General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bristol
Hilton Garden Inn Bristol
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 13 in Bristol
Quality Inn and Suites Bristol

Been to Courtyard Bristol? Share your experiences!