“Great location, friendly service but didn't get the rooms requested” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Bristol

Courtyard Bristol
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Bristol
Denver, North Carolina
“Great location, friendly service but didn't get the rooms requested”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Our family of 7 came to Bristol to stay and take a family member to Barter Theater for her birthday. We reserved the rooms about 3 weeks ahead of time and requested 2 adjoining rooms and a third room near the 2 adjoining, and were told it would not be a problem. When we arrived and checked in, it was a problem. They did not have anything available that we asked for. We were given 2 rooms, across the hall from each other, not adjoining and the 3rd room was all the way on the other side of the building, not even close to the other 2 rooms!
On the positive side, the staff was very polite and friendly when they told us they didn't have the rooms we requested. The rooms were clean and spacious. Beds were comfortable. Had a mini fridge in the rooms. Can't remember if there was a microwave or not. No free coffee in lobby...only Starbucks for purchase. Location is just off I-81 so it is convenient. Family members did not want to eat breakfast at the bistro so we went to a nearby restaurant.
I would come back to this hotel, but would check on my reservation several times prior to arriving to make sure they could accommodate our special reservation request.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Spent 3 nights while visiting the Bristol/Abingdon area. Great location, right off I-81. The Bistro in the hotel serves breakfast & dinner. We only had breakfast there 1 morning but the bagel was fresh & reasonably priced. No hotel food high prices here. There are many restaurants just a few steps away from the hotel. We were upgraded to a suite which was very spacious & comfortable. Would definitely stay here again if returning to the area.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in odd numbers are on the highway side so if you're a light sleeper either travel w...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TeamCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Bristol, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Thank you for your review Yvonne B! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had an opportunity to enjoy one of our fresh options from The Bistro menu. If on your next visit you want to try something new, our thick-cut French toast with fresh strawberries and country syrup is wonderful; one of my favorites! I look forward to your next visit and our next opportunity to serve you.

Bedford
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

At front desk, only one employee to check guests in and answer phone. Room was spacious and clean, but surprised to find no fridge or microwave in our room. Pool and whirlpool were small but enough to wear out kids after traveling. No coffee station in lobby. Only available for purchase at bar/bistro.

Stayed August 2014
TeamCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Bristol, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thank you for your review Brn1125! I am happy to hear that your found your room to be spacious and clean. On your next visit, if you will inform us of your preference for a room with a refrigerator and microwave at the time of your reservation, we will be happy to note this request and block you for an available room that will meet your needs. We look forward to our next opportunity to serve you.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

I was relocating across the US from CA to VA and made it as far as Bristol, VA on my 2nd to last day. April guided me into the hotel perfectly when I called for directions off the highway. I also took the time to ask her about local restaurants in the area (Italian) and she gave me an excellent run down of the local restaurant scene. I love the fact that the hotel supports a local charity and bought a chocolate bar to support. The Bistro stayed open late and had a pretty good beer and wine selections. I love wine so it's nice to see a Marriott breakout from the regular wine brands you see in most Marriott's. My compliments to the GM or the FB director on the wine selections. Great gym and a wonderful pool....and excellent staff.

Room Tip: Make sure you book early because it seems like it is a hotel that reaches full capacity fast. It was...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TeamCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Bristol, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Courtyard Bristol acv1968! I am happy to hear that enjoyed your stay with us and hope that your relocation was an uneventful one. I am excited to share your review with April and the team and look forward to our next opportunity to serve you.

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Very nice, newer property, trendy lobby, nice decor. Small lobby bar area, nice wine/beer/liquor selections, reasonably priced.
Staff was very helpful and pleasant.
Room was very nice, clean, well furnished.
However, I would recommend that you specifically ask for a room on the front side of the hotel, away from the interstate. I was on the 5th floor, overlooking the interstate and the road noise was tremendous. I was awoken several times during the night as big rig trucks came barreling past.
Other than that, a fine hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room on the side away from the interstate!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review tc4real! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our team to be helpful. On your next visit, please remind us of your room preference and we will ensure this is noted on your reservation. We hope to see you again soon.

Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

A friend and myself stayed here on a recent road trip and the hotel is convenient to I-81 and is modern, clean, and comfortable. It's pretty much what you would expect from a Courtyard. The lobby is spacious and the breakfast area was clean and inviting. We were placed in a room facing the freeway, and the only potential issue was that you can hear some of the traffic on I-81 if your room is facing that side of the hotel. Particularly the tractor trailers. If you are sensitive to the noise, I would try and request a room facing away from the freeway.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
      Location
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review wlfmn77! I am happy to hear that you and your friend were comfortable during your stay with us and look forward to our next opportunity to serve you.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Every year we stay at least once and quite often twice because it is our favorite hotel. The location is great and every person working is always so helpful and friendly. We thank you for you professionalism and always making our stays so enjoyable.

Room Tip: no bad rooms. The only advice we would give is join the Marriott Club.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review Courtyard Bristol donna b! We are happy to hear that you enjoy staying with us, as we are always excited to see our return guests. We look forward to seeing you next time!

Assistant General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bristol
Hilton Garden Inn Bristol
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 13 in Bristol
Quality Inn and Suites Bristol

Been to Courtyard Bristol? Share your experiences!