“Good Choice for a Japanese Steakhouse”

Kobe Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #54 of 91 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
“Good Choice for a Japanese Steakhouse”
Reviewed 10 March 2013 via mobile

While I have been to many Japanese Steakhouse style restaurants, I find this place to be one of my favorites. The food from hibachi to sushi is great. Tasty food well prepared and good service too. Great option for take out if you have hungry family members at home as well.

Arlington, VA
“Great place for Hibachi Japanese”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I have been going to Kobe for over 10 years and it has stayed the same good food. When I lived in the Bristol area I would go there with my future wife, and when we visit family now we still go there to grab a bit to eat. The server/staff and food are constantly above par and I would recommend any of my friends to have a meal there.

• Visited May 2012
Pound, VA
“Very good food”
Reviewed 18 February 2013

The food was delicious. My daughter and I both ordered chicken. The food is prepared by a very friendly chef right in front of the table, which you share with other customers. After dinner, you are given a small bowl of sherbet for dessert. Everything was delicious.

The restaurant was in need of some repairs and updates-especially the bathroom. But, the wonderful food made up for any other deficiencies.

Visited February 2013
Sulphur Springs, Tennessee, United States
“Not worth the wait”
Reviewed 22 December 2012

I've eaten here several times and have found it underwhelming every time. My most recent, and final visit, was the worst thus far. Upon entering the restaurant, we were "greeted" by having a clipboard shoved at us and being told to sign in. We were given no estimate as to how long our wait might be. After waiting for nearly 40 minutes to be seated, we had to wait an additional 30 minutes to be served because the dining room was very understaffed for a holiday weekend. The entire restaurant is in dire need of renovation as its walls and ceilings are stained. The food is decent, but it is not worth the effort.

• Visited December 2012
Abingdon, Virginia
“Good Sunday lunch”
Reviewed 6 November 2012

The Fillet and shrip for sunday lunch was more than I could eat at a very reasonable price. They are allways real nice. The cook could have had more personality but locally you rarely find the real entertainers. I paid the extra for the zuchinni and onions for lunch but carrotts are good also.

Visited November 2012