Wattstull Inn
US$65
US$61
US$51
US$49
All reviewscarpet looked newgranola barsstay again when in the arearoom was largenatural bridgethe blue ridge parkwayswimming poolappalachian trailfront porchstayed longercomfortable bedfridge and microwavea great place to stayrooms were very cleanupper jamescontinental breakfastconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 October 2012

When I called to book the room, I told them I had a wheelchair. Why didnt she tell me there werent any handicap ramps?? I wont stay again. My mom fell trying to walk up the 2 steps to the porches. Guess they didnt want to tell me so they didnt miss a sale. This is an older inn and probably isnt required to have a ramp. Maybe they could think about installing one ?

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank blondyzz
Reviewed 2 October 2012

I stayed here on a cross-country road trip from Glendale, AZ to Washington .DC. I had made reservations via the phone and unfortunately due to road construction ran VERY late. The owner was very understanding when called from the road and said it would be near, or after, 11 PM before I arrived. NO PROBLEM. She greeted me when I finally got there, and was nice enough to ask if I had an qualms about staying in room #13. The office is decorated in "early hunting lodge" style with several deer heads, and stuffed bears. The room was very clean, and my only concern was a lack of outlets to plug in all my electrical junk. The fog in the morning was totally beautiful t the desert rat.

Room Tip: The building is one long building and all rooms face the same direction so take your pick.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank onesaxon
Reviewed 16 August 2012

We had no problems whatsoever with this hotel. When we first got here, I did have to go searching for the owners but he was found in the back working (it is a family owned business so I'm guessing they have work to do too). I agree that they are very friendly and they do a good job with keeping the place up. I enjoyed the inside looks of the place, it had a unique look to it. My kids enjoyed the big hill and loved rolling down it. I loved the view of the moutains and what better way to swim than to enjoy that view! only thing to make it better would have been a free breakfast but the place next door has an awesome one, make sure you try it! worth the price!!!

Room Tip: ALl seemed good to me
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank ebbeszoo
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Not a place to hang out -- although the swimming pool looked really, really nice, but no time to try it -- but comfortable firm beds, clean, easy to get into and out of, everything I'd ask for from a quick overnight stay. Like every hotel I stay in today, could use more accessible outlets but that is minor. Very, very close to the highway, but so far uphill it feels serene and secure. Really no complaints, a memorable value. Internet, cable, air conditioning, all worked just fine. Affiliated restaurant at the bottom of the driveway offered outstanding, cheap breakfast plus a small selection of charming hand-knitted toys and dolls for adults or kids, very inexpensive considering the work involved, and some other odds and ends that were perfect small gifts to take home. A great final stop for our road trip.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Vanessa M
Reviewed 1 July 2012 via mobile

This was our first stop on our trip from Georgia to Maine. We had seen this motel from the highway before and wanted to stay here if we got the chance. I love mid-20th century Americana and this fit the bill. Other than the interior being updated, I doubt that the integrity of the 1950's exterior has changed at all. We expected the facility to be sort of run down, but we were pleasantly surprised! The room was very clean and comfortable. The view was magnificent. Our dog loved the expansive front lawn and he got the chance to run and play after our long trip. It's not the Ritz, but we weren't looking for that. It is a charming place to spend the night.

• Stayed: June 2012