“Tucked in the corner, but nice”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Burkeville
Lynchburg, Virginia
“Tucked in the corner, but nice”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We arrived super early and allowed to check in without any hassles - the room was nice - traditional Comfort Inn decor. When we turned our television on, it was giving us a message that it was not programmed but the front desk fixed it very quickly. We were on the back side corner which was very quiet and relaxing for us. Loved that the rooms had a ceiling fan - it was cooler in the morning hours so we did have the heat on and the fan allowed the air to circulate on the get overly hot in the room. We left before breakfast, so I will not comment on that - but just seeing where it was being served seemed like it would be nice.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Melfa, Virginia
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We have stayed in this hotel several times over the years, and it is consistently good. The rooms are clean, beds are comfy, and the facility is quiet. The a/c units are strong and you can freeze yourself if you want. Even though it is only 2 floors, they have a nice elevator, making it accessible for the handicapped. Rooms open into interior hallways with heavy, solid doors. The continental breakfast is rounded out with hard-boiled eggs and sausage gravy (but I didn't like the gravy--ick). Parking is more than adequate, and a family-style restaurant shares the same big parking lot (and the restaurant keeps nice LONG hours). Both desk and housekeeping staff are friendly and helpful. The pool is indoors, and I almost never see anyone using it, as most of the guests appear to be Norfolk Southern railroad guys. There is a clean exercise room too. Just off of Rte 460 eastbound, so it is easy to jump back up on the road. The only thing keeping this place from being 5-star is that the standard room feels like a $70/night room rather than the actual $100 a night price.

Farmville (home of Longwood University) is to the west off of Rte 460, and has shopping, Walmart, and restaurants. Off toward the east is the railroad town of Crewe, with a Hardees, a roadside picnic area, and a train museum. Cheapest gas in the area is usually in Crewe at Ellington Gas, or there is Crewe Station with slightly higher gas and several fast-food restaurants built into it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sara P
Front Royal, Virginia
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel, when visiting the area with a church mission group. There aren't many hotels in this area to choose from, and this seemed to be the best option. In general, the rooms were clean and well appointed, the beds were comfortable, and the breakfast was typical for a Comfort Inn.

My only real complaint is that when we checked in and went to our rooms for the first time, the air conditioning was not turned on in the rooms. Our rooms, on the second floor of the hotel, must have been over 90 degrees! After a long, hard day, I was ready to stretch out and relax in a cool room, but instead it took over an hour for the room to cool off, and almost two hours for it to truly be comfortable. I understand trying to conserve energy and not needlessly run the air conditioning in unoccupied rooms, but would it be too much trouble, in the middle of summer, to anticipate the arrival of guests with reservations, and make sure their rooms are cool and comfortable before their arrival?

The office staff, and the gentleman in the breakfast room were all very nice and helpful. I would definitely stay at this hotel again, especially in comparison to the other options in this area. My one suggestion, about turning on the air conditioning in advance of the arrival of new guests with reservations, would have made my experience much better, and is the primary reason I did not give this hotel the top rating.

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ed R
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 22 November 2012

Although not a lavish or luxury place, this hotel was clean and comfortable-- and the only decent hotel in approximately a 30-mile radius. Staff were friendly and helpful. One of the housekeepers was just fabulous; she even looked out for my dog while I was at work. ( I stayed there for almost 6 months while I was on a work assignment in Blackstone VA.)

My only complaint is that even though I was booked for 6 months, they cut my reservation short due to family reunion groups coming in. They also mentioned that they were getting a "DOCTOR" in, like this was important and prestigious. The problem with that is that I, too, am a doctor, and the hotel knew this. The only difference is that the doctor coming in was a MALE, and I am a female. Both of us were medical doctors working at local facilities on a long-term but temporary basis. When the hotel cut my stay short (I wonder if this was even legal?), it made it necessary for me to cut my work assignment short. This is a shame because there was a clinic and patients who needed me.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
6 Thank annrawlingsmd
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 27 September 2012

I usually don't write reviews on here, I read the reviews on here...but i needed to warn people ahead of time not to stay at this hotel if you have to stay in the area I'd recommend Hampton Inn in Farmville or the Econo Lodge in Amelia Courthouse, VA (more affordable)...the Amelia courthouse doesn't have good breakfast the breakfast looks like they literally get it from the grocery store located near the hotel, so if you look forward to breakfast you may not like this hotel, granted they have a McDonald's and other restaurants within walking distance you could get breakfast at, but the rooms are clean and if you stay there try an get a room on the higher levels the first floor sometimes has an odor in the hall, not so much in the room but to be safe I'd get a room on a higher level. Hampton Inn is real nice but a little bit pricier.

Now back to the review on Comfort Inn. When you first walk into the hotel lobby you will be fooled because the lobby looks nice...but the rooms not so much. Luckily i only had to stay one night...but i had a room on the first floor and as soon as i walked in there was a strong musty odor, there were stains on the lower part of one of the beds and a mushroom growing under the sink in the hotel bathroom (never seen that in my life till this hotel stay). The whole experience was uncleanly the shower head was dirty and the rooms looked old, the only new thing in the room was the flat screen TV, oh an i will mention the TVs at the Econo Lodge are basic TVs but watchable. Anyways that was pretty much the only nice thing in that room. Even the fridge smelt funny an was not to cold, not that i wanted to put anything in there anyways.

I can say one thing that the staff there are really friendly and helpful, and they do offer breakfast, but if the rooms look like that i didn't want to see what the breakfast was like so i skipped that.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank anonoymous c
Hood River, Oregon
Reviewed 26 July 2012 via mobile

Theres not much to choose from in this area. This hotel had decent rates for this type of hotel. Room was decent, clean, average amenities. Comfy bed and pillows, flat screen tv and a fridge in the room.

Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank BizDevRoadee
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 January 2012

We stayed at this hotel recently. We felt the price was far to high for what we got. Our room had no microwave or refrigerator. The internet went down continously. The breakfast was menial at best. When we checked out, we voiced our concerns. The only response we got was we'll make comments. The manager was sitting right beside the employee checking us out. He did not seem concerned at all. I felt like he could care less. He heard every comment and offered no apology or discount. Tonight we are staying at a far better hotel - larger with a refrigerator, microwave and we feel appreciated. The cost was $ 20 less! This manager seemed so concerned with the experience we had last night and it isn't his hotel. My advice to you...skip this one...don't do them the honor of your staying at their establishment.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
7 Thank RoanokeBorn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burkeville
Quality inn
Quality inn
#2 of 5 in Farmville
Wedgewood Motor Inn
Wedgewood Motor Inn
#1 of 1 in Blackstone
Grey Swan Inn Bed and Breakfast

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!