“great place to get away!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

The Baywood Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 9 Cape Charles B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 May 2013

we would recomend this to anyone wanting a great place to go and relax. very clean and nice people their cats oscar and luiji helped us not miss our own too much.i loved the driveway it hid the house from the rest of the world so you do feel like you are away from everything for a few days.

Room Tip: get the room facing the water it's great
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 April 2013

Stressed and overworked, we found ourselves needing an escape to relax and unwind. The Baywood Inn with its southern charm, and unmistakable view of the Chesapeake bay was just the beginning. After our first night of much needed rest we woke to the aroma of Baywood Inn's jumbo breakfast muffins. Innkeepers Mike and Sharon provided a hearty breakfast to sustain us through a day of sightseeing and beach combing. Our two night stay ended too soon, and we knew our time had come to return back to the real world. The memories of our short term stay in Cape Charles, Virginia at the Baywood Inn created long term memories that will have us returning soon!

Room Tip: Ask for the bayside room that comes with a balcony as well as a bayview.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2013

The views of the bay and the private beach are lovely. The Inn has some beautiful artwork and artifacts, and the Innkeeper is knowledgeable and personable. The beds are comfy and the breakfast was amazing. Breakfast was not only delicious (yummy muffins, sausage, awesome scrambled eggs, fresh fruit, juice and coffee), but served with beautiful touches like the fresh fruit served in very Eastern Shore appropriate oyster shell shaped bowls. Two cats give the place a real homey feel, and we were made to feel very much at home by all. The price is right for a relaxing get away.

Room Tip: We had a woods side room and were happy with that since there are plenty of chairs provided to enjoy...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 April 2013

My husband and I were visiting the Eastern Shore for the first time, anxiously arriving early. Our room was ready for us, a comfortable, large room overlooking the bay, what more could you ask for? We had no complaints, enjoyed a pleasant and delicious breakfast ( after convenient coffee outside our room at 7:00 am). Will definitely rebook if we are in the area.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Excellent. Very nice rooms and bed extremely comfortable. Great location, right on the water and the view is breathtaking! House is beautiful. Would highly recommend!!! Food was delicious. Owners very personable. View from the bay is gorgeous!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 13 April 2013

We and our friends arrived late afternoon to an empty house. The note on the door instructed us to go in and find our names on our rooms, the problem was the door was locked. Feeling very uncomfortable we went around the back to find an open door. We did enter the house and found our rooms. They were adequate. Soon the house filled with children, daughters of the owners and their very small children. The innkeepers were nowhere to be found. We were woken early by the children running up and down the stairs. Breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs, 2 rashers of bacon, some unripened fruit and a very good muffin. We had to request coffee and then again for a 2nd. cup. The last insult was as we were leaving I used the bathroom in our room to come out to find children boucing on my bed.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank dwestmore72
Reviewed 5 April 2013

I'm awake on my Babymoon at 7a. I've been up since 630a due to the noise in the house (yesterday I was up at 730 which wasn't too bad and no, it is not the other guests). I came on a getaway for sleep and relaxation not to deal with the same things I do at home (kids waking me up earlier than I need to be). I mostly write positive reviews so it saddens me to write about my disappointment here. The two main things I was looking forward to during our two night getaway was soaking in a tub relaxing and sleeping in. I got to do neither. The first night I attempted a bath I realized 3 minutes into it that the plug did not work properly and continued to drain even though it was pushed down. I attempted to stop the drainage by putting a wash cloth over the plug but it only helped so much and by that time the water was so low it wasn't enjoyable.
The second night we had let the person who cooked us breakfast know about the drain And I had high hopes that it would work. I put the wash cloth over the drain just in case though. I turned on the water and got in about five minutes later so I could start enjoying the tub in case the water drained again. To my disappointment the water out of the faucet was already cool. I didn't even have time to wash my hair! I quickly soaped up and washed my face in the water before it got any colder. I layed in the water (which was about 4 inches deep) and attempted to relax. It was not happening. I was so cold when I got out I told my husband I was turning off the fan and turning on the heater that looked like a fire. The heating portion of it did not work only the flames did. I got dressed as quickly as I could because I was so cold and hopped in to bed extremely disappointed. Anytime I stay somewhere that the purpose is to relax I make sure there is a tub to soak in because it is my favorite thing to do to relax. I am also 7 months pregnant and just wanted to ease my back pain while in a warm bubble bath.

What was good: the room is great in its Decor and the balcony is awesome. We loved the driveway with its twists and wiggly trees. Having the beach at your finger tips is great and we enjoyed our walk on the beach our first night here. The bed is comfy and the sheets and covers are great! The breakfast was pretty good and the people we met here were very nice. The price is great too compared to some of the other inns in the area.

What was bad: the water heat was awful. They should invest in a larger one or separate one for guests. What's the point of a "jacuzzi size tub" if the water won't stay warm to fill even half of it? The "heater" blower did not work at all. The noise. It was not constant but once I am awakened by loud noises for minutes at a time I can not fall back asleep!

Overall we liked the look and feel of the Baywood and if they fixed these issues it would've been an excellent stay, but I do not think we'd even take the chance of seeing if it got better the next time.

• Stayed: April 2013
#3 of 7 in Cape Charles
Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina
Best Western Plus Holiday Sands Inn & Suites
Wyndham Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Wyndham Virginia Beach Oceanfron...
#61 of 109 in Virginia Beach
Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront
#13 of 109 in Virginia Beach

Been to The Baywood Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!