“Awesome tour!”

More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Explore the Shore with SouthEast Expeditions. World Class Kayak Trips, Classes, Rentals, & Sales for all skill levels. Check out the world famous Kayak Winery Tour, or a Kayak Clamming Tour, Sunset Trip, or 2 Hour or Half Day Trip through the Virginia Coast Reserve. Trips available daily all along the coast of Virginia's Beautiful Eastern Shore.
Reviewed 14 July 2014

For my birthday, my husband and I went on a tour of the Eastern Shore National Wildlife Reserve. It was an overcast day, but it was perfect for the tour. Dallas was so knowledgeable and friendly-- we really felt like we were on a kayak trip with a close friend. He had all sorts of knowledge for us. I was very pregnant for this trip... and Dallas was so kind and helpful-- I am not sure they get many preggos on their trips, but they were more than accommodating. Margaret was awesome as well, I believe she was who we booked through initially. Whoever handles staffing here does an awesome job-- I would hang on tight to these two! Book a trip if you can!

gonesailin22, General Manager at SouthEast Expeditions, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2015

Wow! We appreciate the great review! I will pass along your compliments to our staff members, and I hope that we can get you (and the newest addition) on the water again, soon!

Hillary T. Chesson

"wine tour"
in 8 reviews
"clams"
in 6 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
"cheese plate"
"great guide"
"highlight of our trip"
"low tide"

Reviewed 27 May 2014

This past Memorial Day weekend my son and I (along with 6 of our friends) took a kayak trip around the waterways of Chincoteague Island. It was the first time for all of us and we loved every minute of it! SouthEast Expeditions was great in accommodating our group of (8) with our own personal guide.

Our guide, Hillary Chesson was simply put -amazing!! She was very patient with us, even after we had to reconfigure people in the boats and go back ashore AFTER initially dropping into the water. She had a great sense of humor and more importantly, in depth knowledge of where to go and how to maneuver through the shallow parts of the passages during low-tide. She was very well informed (as she grew up in the area) on the local wildlife and offered interesting pieces of info through-out the tour.

I have been going to Chincoteague Island since before my son's age of (11) and and am now 42 years old. Although sadly I have never done this tour before, I fully intend on a repeat trip and hope Hillary is available again!

1  Thank Kevin B

I'm glad to hear of your awesome experience with SouthEast Expeditions! Thanks for sharing your great photos! I am looking forward to seeing you and your family on the water, soon.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Went with 3 other girls kayaking and we had an incredible trip. Our guide, Chris was extremely helpful, informative and patient since we were all beginners. By the time we finished, we felt like pros :-) ! We all had an amazing time and would highly recommend this trip if you are in the neighborhood.

Thank you so much!

1  Thank 1_trip_planner

We try to ensure that all of our guests feel like pros when they hit land, again! Our trips are perfect for beginners, too. We look forward to getting you on the water, soon!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

My husband, daughter and myself went to Southeast to rent stand up paddleboards. Mary gave us a lesson on what to do and sent us on our way. Paddling on Onancock Creek is a wonderful experience. The water is calm without a lot of boat traffic with the choice of several creeks that branch off.

It is great to have such knowledgable guides with so much experience in the town. They also rent bikes and have a great shop right at the water.

2  Thank ComeHeres
gonesailin22, General Manager at SouthEast Expeditions, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2015

Our "backyard" is pretty great, huh? We think paddling Onancock Creek is pretty perfect, too. You never know what you'll find down the next bend! We look forward to seeing you at another one of our locations, too!