“Oh so creamy!”

Brown Dog Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Cape Charles
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Excellent, creamy, flavorful ice cream, and several different cones from which to choose. Was there on a Sunday mid-day, and the line was not long at all. Friendly servers who let you sample a taste before deciding. A definite must on your list for Cape Charles. I consider myself an ice cream snob, and this place did not disappoint!

1  Thank SoJerzeeGirl

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Very friendly and accommodating staff who offer samples of their unique ice creams. Our group chose flavors such as a coffee ice cream and banana pecan. Very smooth and creamy!

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Excellent! Multiple flavors! Get there EARLY before the line gets too long after dinner and make sure the flavor you want is available.
Didn’t see the brown dog.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

While walking along Mason Street on our way to Cape Charles fishing pier, we passed this ice cream store and sign outside which read, “Voted one of top ten homemade ice creams in United States”, so I was tempted....Upon entering I was warmly welcomed and shown the list of today’s flavors (about 8-10). As I asked what was in some of those listed, I was offered samples which made my selection more difficult. I ended up enjoying a scoop of Coastal Coffee containing ground espresso beans and a scoop of caramel la leche (don’t quote me on this name, but the the ice cream was creamy caramel, which went very well with the coffee).
This is definitely a place worth visiting if you’re driving along Route 13 in Northampton County, VA.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Awesome homemade ice cream with some of the normal and some of the "no so normal" flavors. Never a complaint here, be patient though it takes time to scoop ice cream by hand.