Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Carrollton Smithfield
US$173
US$92
US$83
US$112
Comfort Suites Suffolk-Chesapeake(Suffolk)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$85
US$61
Express Inn(Newport News)
US$64
Travelocity
Sleep Inn & Suites(Chesapeake)
US$58
US$61
US$59
US$76
US$50
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Mr. Patel is the owner and shift manager's name is Rich. They will work with you and really go above and beyond to make your stay as pleasant as possible. The hotel cleaning staff are nice people and they clean and maintain the rooms well. The hotel was recently being renovated during my stay. However, I did not mind the inconvenience because it was clean, quiet and, most of all a safe place to stay!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
NickP739, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Carrollton Smithfield, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Venus, it was our pleasure having you stay with us throughout our renovations. We have just about completed the cosmetic phase and taken care of any issues that arose from our remodeling. I hope everything is going well with you and look forward to your next visit with us!

Nick Patel

Reviewed 30 August 2013

Congenial managers and workers. This hotel is being renovated and I hope these minor problem will be corrected.
1. The assist handle on the wall in the shower was broken
2. Kleenex box holder was broken
3. The door locks to the hotel building are broken, individual room lock worked fine.
4. Extremely noisy neighbors

Room Tip: Hotel end rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Paul R

We enjoyed having you stay at our hotel and apologize for your inconvenience. You should be informed that we have taken care of all of the maintenance issues. We appreciate having you stay with us regularly and hope you will appreciate the changes we've made since your last visit. Paul, as always, if there is anything we can do to better your stay please let me know.

Nick

Reviewed 6 February 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were taking a drive down to NC through this town and the only other option for us to stay at was the Hampton in town, but rather than paying $125 we decided to take a look at this Econo Lodge. It's about a mile down from the actual town, but the staff seemed to be pretty friendly and we were told that this was under new management so we decided to take a look at one of the rooms and the gentleman showed us a standard double room and had given us a free upgrade to a Suite room for $55! so we figured it was worth saving half out money for a one night stay and I have to say it was pretty clean and the staff was really nice. There weren't as much options with their continental breakfast, but it sure was better than nothing! Everything seemed to work just fine in the room. This place was a bit nicer than most Econo Lodges we've came across. Would definitely consider staying here again.

-George

• Stayed: January 2013
NickP739, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Carrollton Smithfield, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

Thank you for the kind words. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Our apologies for our limited breakfast options, we try and serve as much as we can for a 'continental breakfast'. Our staff tries their best to make each of our guests feel at home. It was a pleasure having you and your wife stay with us and we hope you do come stay with us again!

Nick Patel, GM

Reviewed 11 November 2012

This motel was convenient to us, as we crossed the James River Bridge after 9pm and wanted to rest for the night before continuing our trip to Portsmouth the next morning. Check-in was pleasant, friendly young lady anxious to please, put us in ground floor, close to entrance as requested.

Room was clean, fresh, the usual toiletries and better-than-usual bath towels. Only complaint I have is, NO HAIR DRYER in the room. Next morning, I asked the morning lady at the front desk about borrowing one for my wife, she rolled her eyes back, blurted out, "That'll be a $5 deposit." I travel on a credit card so all the cash I had was $2 bills that I keep for tips. I offered this woman three $2 bills to hold as deposit, and she refused - said $5 - nothing else. How do you reason with a belligerent woman who cannot figure simple math? My wife left without a bath.

Continental breakfast was minimal as any I have seen, even for Econo Lodge.

I will probably try somewhere else next time. I like to keep my wife satisfied.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
NickP739, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Carrollton Smithfield, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2013

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and apologize for the hair dryer incident. The Econo Lodge is now under new management and ownership. We agree with your troubles and removed the deposit and plan to have them in each room. Since your stay with us we have gone under drastic remodeling inside and out. We have repaired, textured, and repainted all of our rooms and corridors with accent walls, replaced our bathroom vinyl with ceramic tiles, new towel shelves, replaced the old vanities and sinks with new white tiger granite vanities, replaced the old carpet and rubber molding with wooden crown molding, removed all of the old landscaping and replaced it with new bushes and flowers with palm trees and mulch, and lastly we are changing our exterior vinyl siding to stucco w/stone veneer. We plan to replace our mattresses, carpet and furniture later this summer. We are trying our best to surpass all of our guest's expectations by offering great service and a comfortable stay at an affordable price. Please do visit us again to give us another chance and you may contact me directly for a personal tour and a 100% satisfaction guarantee during your next visit.

Nick Patel, GM