“Heavenly - not for prudes”
Review of Spa World

Spa World
Ranked #4 of 14 things to do in Centreville
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I love Spa World and go every couple of months for a soak and a scrub. The $95 scrub with massage and hair wash is the BEST! Go with friends and spend the day. The restaurant is excellent! Afterwords, shop at H Mart!

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"health benefits"
"felt great"

Reviewed 5 November 2013

I have been here about a dozen times. What a treat! Clean, organized, well run. Sometimes I just enjoy the sauna rooms and pool. It's relatively inexpensive to take advantage of these. Other times, I take advantage of the services: massage, reflexology, restaurant. That's when it can run into some money, but it's worth it, I think. Just wish it was closer to DC. Hate that drive in traffic to the far out burbs.

The service is good, although not extraordinarily friendly. Very businesslike and matter of fact. That's okay. They leave you alone; just what you need for a little getaway.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Not your pampering kind of spa but very serious about relaxing and focusing on you. It's an "other world" experience to go to this Korean spa. Fantastic variety of sauna rooms and bade pool is a very unique experience.

1  Thank HRKinDC
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I lived in S. Korea for 3 years and frequented the spas often. This was the closest approximation to the Korea experience that I've encountered in the states. I've been now about 10 times. I love, love, love it. If you can get past certain modesty issues, then the experience is worth it! I highly recommend the shiatsu massage. It is sensational!!

See more reviews
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Visited my friend down in Falls Church and decided to do another SpaWorld day. They did shorten the hours to a maximum of 12. (from 24 hours). There are signs posted that if you do go over the 12 hours they will bill you for another $40 visit. We did a total of 6 hours. I can’t see how someone can spend more than 12 hours in there. When you enter you pay your entrance fee and they give you a locker number where you lock your shoes in. Hold onto your key as that is how they charge you for the services you decide to buy in the spa.
I mostly enjoy the bade pools. The bade pools are still clean and wonderful. Different jets hit different muscles of your body and it’s to be enjoyed as a circuit. One thing I saw was some little kids taking water from the ice pool and playing with it in the kid’s pool. No one reprimanded them, even their mom. Not a bother to me, but I thought I would mention it.
This time I upgraded to the scrub/massage/hair treatment/facial package ($95). It’s on a first come, first serve basis. If you want one of these, as soon as you enter the locker room make the appointment. We arrived at 1 pm and couldn’t get one till later that day. But it gave us a chance to have lunch there. You get a huge amount of food for the amount you are paying. And they do have takeout containers if you want to pack up the rest of it.
In regards to my treatment. The scrub was heaven! Those Aunties are really good at their job. I saw pills and pills come off me. What kind of soap they use with those scrubbing mitts I am not sure (if anyone knows please PM me!!). The facial they basically put some lotion on, gave your face a bit of a massage, and applied freshly grated cucumber as a mask. The massage was wonderful. The hair treatment is a bit of a scalp massage while they shampoo and condition your hair. I wish I knew this as I could have provided her with my shampoo and conditioner instead of their generic stuff (I am fussy that way). But I just went and rewashed it anyways after I had my shower.
Go to SpaWorld with an open mind. You are nude in the bade pools and for the scrub (which is in a cornered off area in the pool room. You are given a top and shorts to walk around in the common rooms and the saunas. I am not much of a sauna person so to relax in between the bade pools and such I brought with me a novel and my mp3 player and relaxed in those comfy chairs in front of the juice bar. They do have free Wi-Fi, and a lot of people bring their laptops and smartphones. I wanted to get “off line” for a while and old school it to relax.
Felt refreshed at the end of the day. Make sure you use groupcons for this. As they do come up frequently. Defiantly wish they had a facility of this kind in Toronto, Canada.

1  Thank greekmom99