“Excellent.”
Review of Spa World

Spa World
Ranked #4 of 14 things to do in Centreville
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I read some not-so-favorable reviews of this place and wanted to say that I found everything at this place practically perfect. The front counter staff was very friendly, the whole place is very clean, everything was working in the wet area and the food at the restaurant was delicious.

3  Thank Patrick B
in 5 reviews
"health benefits"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 21 June 2014

It was a great experience! Being naked around strangers was not my favorite part of it, but everything else was great! I loved the different poultice rooms; especially the clay room, the salt room, and the ice room. I didn't try any of the body treatment there, I just kept alternating the different poultice rooms and the bade pool/hot tub. I liked it so much, I went there 3 times in 2 month time period. You get out of there feeling 10 years younger and much happier than before you came in.

2  Thank Ray21521
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I visited this establishment based upon the reviews on this site, and the fact that I enjoy a good massage and the solitude of a hot tub soak. I encourage anyone who is comfortable with nudity in a same-sex group setting to try this out. It is so easy to embrace the culture of the spa, the bade pool, and the co-ed and clothed poultice area. So relaxing, I spent five hours there and plan to return when I visit this area next year. I encourage anyone considering visiting Spa World to go to the website and learn about the facility and the culture before your visit. The majority of the customers there when I visited were Korean, and I must say I thoroughly enjoyed the exposure to this wonderful cultural experience.

I did not rate this 5-stars only because those who are not comfortable with public same-sex nudity may find this to be an uncomfortable setting if you have not done your homework ahead of time (and may be unpleasantly surprised).

5  Thank ChazJC
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Remember that you are in a Korean world when you enter so things are a bit different. Be tolerant of their culture. The body scrub is the best body treatment I've ever had. It is something that as an American being naked around other people I had to just suck up. The amount of gross body sluff they remove is worth the uncomfortable self conscious feelings. Had some great food and fell asleep before driving home. Fantastic. My skin felt great and looked great for weeks!

5  Thank Brenda P
See more reviews
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I got a Groupon to try out this spa. A colleague had recommended this and so I went today.
CONS:
- Price. The "bath" and poultice room is part of the entry price. Scrub and massage starts at $55 each.
- Location. For me, it was a 24 mile trip
PROS:
- All services were wonderful and worth the price.
- Poultice rooms (a first for me) were amazing.

I took a day off work and thought a week day would be less busy at the Spa. I was right. I spent 1 hour in the "bath" area and enjoyed the many different whirlpools. Each pool has a different temp from the ice pool (60 F) to hot tub (120F).

Then was the Scrub. My goodness, this was an amazing body scrub. The only area they didn't touch was the area between my thighs but all other areas were scrubbed multiple times. It was a bit gross all the dead skin that came off.

After that I hit the poultice rooms. Most are very warm (from 115-175F) and one ice room (51 F). Each has a healing element (red clay balls, salt room, etc).

Then was the massage. It was amazing. Such strong hands. While I stayed laying on my stomach, everywhere else was pulled, rubbed, pushed and I felt great afterward.

All in all I stayed 5 hours (I thought 3 would be enough, but I really loved those rooms).

Oh -- important info! In the bath area it's no clothes mandatory. In the poultice rooms and massage areas, they provide an orange shirt/shorts that are worn.
I would and I will go back again.

6  Thank Mar223