“A great waterpark especially for young kids”
Review of Atlantis Waterpark

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Atlantis Waterpark
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We really enjoyed this waterpark. Visited as a family with 4 young kids (2-11 age range).
There is a snack/food bar, washrooms, showers and free to use life jackets available to patrons with young kids new to swimming.

This waterpark was very clean and I was thorough impressed with the life guards. They would rotate and were extremely vigilant. At one point a child was in danger and they blew their whistles in syncronicity to alert the other staff who ran immediately to help this distressed child. Thankfully he was okay.
They have about 4 sections that are geared to the age ranges and this was great for our young kids. The kiddie pool was great for our 2 year old. We would definitely go there again.
We also received a 50% discount because we camped next door at Bull Run Regional CG.

2  Thank Karen S

Reviewed 26 October 2012

We went for the Doggy swim day and it was pretty awesome. We taught our puppy to swim comfortably and it was very good for him to socialize. I did not really have any specific issues, but it was small, and really did not blow me away in regards to waterparks I've been to.

4  Thank Starloverly
Reviewed 4 September 2012

My children are 3 and 4. They really enjoy going here. They love being able to play in the sandbox, then getting in the pool or going over to stand under the big bucket when it dumps. The park has a 1 or 2 foot deep wading pool with a little slide and water jets shooting up through the water; a medium pool, about three feet deep with another little slide; and a deeper pool with the two big tube slides. We've only been there with the little ones and I can only say that the toddlers/preschoolers love it. They also provide life vests for the little ones. My kids can spend hours and hours there, as long as I refuel them with ice cream from the snack bar. I haven't really experienced the "grown-up" side, but it seems to be less than spectacular, with only two slides (although they are tall and look exciting). In short I would say great for little ones, maybe not so much for teens and up.

3  Thank 13ChrisF
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We were there on a Thursday and there were lots of camp groups there. Luckily, they come early and leave early so if you get there around 12, they start going to eat lunch so the crowds aren't horrible. By 2:30, the crowds were real low.
Overall, the kids had a great time (ages 3-11). Don't expect a lot of slides though, it's a small park and the price reflects that. There are two "big" slides. The open one is pretty slow and the closed one is a bit faster. There is lots of open pool space with a few slides off an "island" in the middle. The play structure wasn't as tall as I've seen at other parks but it had a lot of interactive things and the big bucket that dumps a ton of water every few minutes. The kids had the most fun there though it was better later in the afternoon when it was less crowded.
Food-Pack a picnic and go out and eat it. No outside food is allowed. The parking lot is small and it's easy to grab your picnic and eat and then head right back in. The snack bar was manned by a bunch of teenage boys. Not the fastest or most attentive. Just grab ice cream and water there if you get anything. Anything else took forever. Ice water in pretty big cups (for water cups) is just 25 cents with free refills. Food prices weren't too expensive but like I said,.... SLOW!
The pools were pretty clean. Lots of sand in them from the sand play area. Some of that could be fixed if they would improve the rinsing area. It took forever to get even some of the sand off. Wear your shoes in the bathrooms. Floors get pretty dirty since everyone must enter and leave through the bathrooms.

5  Thank Brandy J