“Excellent with one hitch” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport South

Hampton Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport South
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
GreenLeadersGold level
“Excellent with one hitch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

We researched this hotel and were extremely pleased to see that excellent service is definitely alive and well. When we arrived they had handled a huge crowd and were just as courteous throughout the evening. The life guards gave my son some swimming tips, the breakfast was always stocked even though the room was full both days, and the staff did arrange many trips to places for others with the van. Beds were nice, room was really clean (hotel impossible clean) and extra pillows made it perfect.

They also have a beautiful breakfast room which your family can use at night to have dinner.

The only reason for the one star downgrade was due to housekeeping. The housekeeper made one knock on our door at 11 am and then walked straight into our room before we could answer. I was changing my clothes before our noon check out time. If my husband had not been in the doorway anyway and caught the opening door she would have walked into me, half dressed and a little freaked.

Again, although the hotel had huge crowds, which you could see at breakfast, and at times in the lobby the staff nor the hotel felt like it was full. I am definitely going to refer people to this hotel again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Madison M
HamptonDullesSouth, General Manager at Hampton Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport South, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Madison M,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your comments with our housekeeping department and will use this as an example to reinforce service training to our team. Your feedback will motivate them do even better.
Thank you again for all the kind words and we hope to see you soon.

Leandra James

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

I called the Hampton as a last resort (they were noted at fully booked on other travel sites) and they had one cancellation! I booked the room and drove to VA. While checking in, we were greeted warmly by the front desk staff, found out I was "Guest of the Day" and received a goodie bag (the boys enjoyed that one!). Our room was beautiful, clean and so very comfortable! We were treated like we were the only guests in the hotel the entire weekend! From the lifeguard who kindly took pictures of us, to the woman who ran the hot breakfast who helped my son with the waffle maker, to the driver of the van who drove us endlessly to Target, Five Guys, the Party Store (to purchase balloons for my son's birthday party), to the birthday party location and back again...I cannot say enough kind things about every single person we encountered here at the Hampton. The front desk staff were endlessly kind to all of our requests (my son lost his orange soda - in the room - and the front desk replaced it for him) and always knew our names when we walked through the door, greeting us like we were home. It was the most wonderful birthday weekend we could have ever asked for and will definitely stay again next time we are in town!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

Leandra continues to run this hotel with customer service in mind. She has been the GM here for some time now and has not settled on just another accomodation. It is easy to judge her leadership as the professionalism and smiling faces of her employees reflects her style. Nadia was outstanding at the front desk and always willing to help. She saved my left behind t-shirts and cell phone cord and is my employee of the month. The hotel continues to ujpgrade as the rooms are newly appointed and comfortable. The lobby and eating areas are well kept and updated. This is a great choice to stay in the area. My only concern is that of Hampton and not this location. I am not a fan of the powdered eggs but that is the Hampton standard. The breakfast area is clean, well stocked and presents an inviting appearance. I have stayed here several times and it will remain my go-to when traveling in the area..

Room Tip: There is current construction on Rt 50 west in front of the hotel. If you know the area, try to com...
Green Features: They are attentive to water preservation and I appreciate this system to hang a once used towel.
1 Thank Donald W
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

This hotel receives a five star rating from me... The Amenities are great.. good location... Great customer service.. There is shopping and dining nearby...They have a Guest of the Day program which is randomly done by the computer...One guest is selected and gets a free room upgrade.. I was the lucky one on my stay and it was greatly appreciated.. The staff were very friendly and helpful.. The rooms are spacious and have all amenities you require for a family stay..Comfortable beds and up to date fixtures.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Blacksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

The Hampon Inn & Suites on Westfax Drive offers a great value and quality stay for those in the Chantilly/Dulles/US 50 area. The property is immediately adjacent to US 50, with easy access back onto 50 in either direction.

The front desk was friendly and efficient (Thank you Merlin!) and I experienced none of the issues described by other travelers. I booked directly through the Hampton web site. Despite arriving in a winter storm, the property was fully operational. In fact, the parking lot had already been plowed a first time by 6 AM even though it was still snowing and nearly 8" on the ground.

The rooms are large and spacious, with all the expected amenities. No water pressure or temperature issues I have seen at other local hotels. WiFi provided plenty of access and bandwidth was more than satisfactory for my business use.

US 50 is under construction, which could be an issue at certain times of the day. Lots of box-truck traffic because of the Pepsi and UHaul dealer adjacent to the property - but they did not cause any noise or issues for me. Even lying very close to one of IAD's approach/departure lanes, there was minimal airport noise. The room walls are kind of thin, and the pipes did transmit a bit of noise, but nothing too disturbing for sleep.

Breakfast was typical Hampton Inn fare, but with the benefit of staff being friendly and keeping things fresh throughout the breakfast service. Plenty of seating and morning news TV.

Overall, compared to other hotels in the Manassas / Chantilly / Dulles area, the cleanliness and friendliness of the staff make this my new hotel of choice.

Room Tip: Upper level floors offer less noise.
South Bend, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

I absolutely loved this hotel. Working at a hotel myself I was very impressed. Always a smiling face when I came through the door. The front desk was extremely helpful whenever my family and I needed directions or recommendations. Housekeeping was very attentive also. Very clean and kept up nicely. Awesome location to most of the attractions in the area. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling for business or pleasure.

Chicago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

As Hampton Inns go, this one is newer and nicely kept up. All the things you want are there including nicer than normal Hampton Inn towels. However, you can hear every little thing your neighbor next door, below and above you is doing. Everything. It's too bad, but I could even hear the man below me through the drain pipe in my shower! The walls must be paper thin because I could even hear the voice on the other end of the cell phone with whom the man next to me was speaking. The fan on the a/c heating unit doesn't make enough noise to muffle the sound. One thing I love about Hampton Inns is usually the heating system allows a nice, "always on" fan setting which produces good white noise. This one stays on, but very softly. Otherwise the hotel is nice and clean. The people were great. After the airport shuttle left without me (even though I had a reservation on it with name and room number) the front desk clerk had him come back to pick me up. That was a very nice gesture--except for the angry guy who was on the shuttle in my place, of course. Sorry sir, bu thank you driver!

Room Tip: Find yourself a spot away from any and everyone. There's unfortunately nothing you can do about...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sharma D, Manager at Hampton Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport South, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear Marqule, Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, while we’re glad to hear you appreciated the cleanliness of our hotel and our friendly staff we do apologize for the inconvenience the conversation/noise from other guests you heard through our walls may have caused you. We would also like to apologize for our shuttle leaving without you, we are glad our front desk associate arranged for the van driver to return to the hotel before arriving to the airport to pick you up. Our goal is to always aim to fix problems promptly. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you the next time you’re in Chantilly! Sharma DeVane, Assistant General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chantilly
Wingate by Wyndham Chantilly / Dulles Airport
Hyatt Place Dulles Airport South
Comfort Suites Dulles Airport
Residence Inn Chantilly Dulles South
Holiday Inn Chantilly - Dulles Expo
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport

Been to Hampton Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport South? Share your experiences!