“Excellent”

Courtyard Dulles Airport Chantilly
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Beautiful, clean hallways and lobby, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was very nicely decorated and clean. Great place!

We enjoyed the informal onsite Bistro, also. It was a little pricy, but the food was good.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
GMDullesCourt, General Manager at Courtyard Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Hi Cindy,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review of your stay with our hotel. We work very hard to achieve the results you've mentioned briefly so it's a great feeling to know that we were able to meet and hopefully we exceeded your expectations.

Our Bistro is a great feature of the hotel as it separates us from our competition. The 24 hour Starbucks specialty drinks we provide along with hot, healthy food served in a relaxing environment is an excellent way to unwind at the end of your day. We are glad that you were able to take advantage of it.

Thank you for staying and we hope to have you stay with us again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Dulles Airport Chantilly

Reviewed 8 October 2013

I came here by bicycle after riding the Great Allegheny Passage and C&O Canal N.P. from Pittsburgh to Washington, DC. I wanted to see the (new) Air & Space Museum at Dulles before I headed home. The genuinely friendly and very helpful staff (especially Vanessa!) made my stay very enjoyable. The free shuttle to/from the museum (on the hour and half hour) was a welcome surprise, as the museum is not easy to get to by bicycle as it is approached from a freeway where bicycles are illegal. Vanessa served me a Starbuck's coffee to take on the shuttle van, and the driver gave me a bottled water to drink as well. The room was excellent. But being a starving bicycle tourist who was always hungry, the (made to order! not a buffet!) breakfast was an especially nice touch. I had fruit, yoghurt, eggs, sausage, hash browns, toast, coffee and OJ. I booked on Orbitz and paid a modest $5 extra to get breakfast included. It turned out to be a real breakfast and not the cold cereal and DIY waffles other motels offer. Also the staff (Vanessa again) welcomed my by name, and served my eggs personally. The van drivers who took me to and from the museum were also very personable. I only had to call the hotel when I was done and they sent the van to pick me up.

Room Tip: If you book online, pay the extra $5 to include breakfast. It is worth it, as separately it would co...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
GMDullesCourt, General Manager at Courtyard Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Merrill,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. I see that you have been very busy riding your bike all over the East Coast which makes your review even more significant.

We are very fortunate to have a shuttle that goes to and from many of the sites in the immediate area including going to Dulles Airport. I'm glad that we were able to accommodate your trip to the Udvar-Hazy Air & Space Museum as it is one of the premier tourist locations in the area.

Vanessa is one of the newest members of our team and has received several positive comments regarding her customer service skills. The Bistro is one of the features that sets Courtyard by Marriott apart from our competition and it appears that it was just what you were looking for on this trip. We also feel that having a full service Starbucks in addition to The Bistro is an added benefit.

I'm not sure if you have another bicycle trip scheduled to the area but if you do, we are here and would love to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Love the renovations to this Marriott Courtyard! The shuttle service from Dulles Airport was very easy and the van was easy to pick out as it was bright green. Others at the hotel shuttle area were becoming frustrated with how long they had waited for other hotel chains. I called the hotel when I landed and the shuttle was waiting for me outside. Very nice guest rooms as well.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
GMDullesCourt, General Manager at Courtyard Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

LoveCayman,

Thank you very much for your feedback about our hotel. I am pleased to hear that we were able to pick you up quickly and could help you avoid a long tedious wait. We feel that our 24 hour shuttle is one of the many strengths of our hotel.

We have also been renovated with the latest renovation package that Courtyard has to offer and while it was done a few years ago we work very hard to maintan the like new appearance.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

We got reservations at promotional AAA rate under $60 a night. The hotel is not fancy, but at that rate it was a great value. The staff was exceptionally nice. The room was a reasonable size and the bathroom was clean with a separate room for the sink which is nice when you have two people in the room. The location was perfect for our trip to the Udvar-Hazy Air and Space Museum.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
GMDullesCourt, General Manager at Courtyard Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Parker M,

Thank you very much for your positive review of our hotel. I am pleased that you found our hotel to be such a great value. We've made every effort to continue to improve upon our service standards and to maintain the high standards of cleanliness our guests have come to expect when staying with our hotel.

We are indeed very close to the Udvar-Hazy Air & Space Museum and would love to be your host should you find yourself in the area again.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Stayed here for vacation in the DC area. Only 10 min from Dulles Airport and 15-20 min to the Vienna Metro Station for sight seeing trips into DC. The staff were super friendly and helpful. The hotel is older, but well maintained and updated. Easy access location and we felt very safe in this area. If you decide to drive into DC, wait until 8:30AM when the traffic clears. The Fair Oaks Mall is close by and decent restaurants if you just look around little bit. Probably more of a business traveler hotel, but would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chrissy P
GMDullesCourt, General Manager at Courtyard Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Chrissy P,

Thank you very much for your feedback about our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you and your family chose us for something a special as vacation. We take great pride in being able to meet our guests expectations and it appears we were able to do that.

We do feel that we are in a great location for many different types of travelers and can meet the varying needs of even the most demanding customers.

I do hope that you will consider being our guest again if your travel plans bring you to the area.

Thank you again!

Reviewed 28 August 2013

The room was nice, very quiet and very clean. What really made my stay outstanding, though, is how kind, helpful, and friendly the staff are. After missing a connecting flight on an overseas trip, I arrived at Dulles Airport at 1:30 am tired, stressed from the unexpected 2-day delay getting on a replacement overseas flight to my destination, without any place to stay, and without my luggage. But things began looking up the moment I arrived at the Courtyard Marriott. The staff there were so wonderfully helpful and pleasant that I was able to make the most of my unexpected two days in DC, and ended up really enjoying my stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
GMDullesCourt, General Manager at Courtyard Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Tora,

Thank you very much for your response regarding your stay with our hotel. It is a pleasure to hear that we were able to make your unexpected stay a very pleasant one. We work very hard to make sure that we can take care of guests like you, who are in need of a clean, friendly place to stay.

It would be our pleasure to host you should you ever find yourself in the area again.

Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night before a flight - the location or the airport is good, and there is parking etc right outside. The rooms are a little dated - they've been decorated but with a lot of the original "look" and fittings left in place. We wanted to have breakfast but they do not cater for children, and do not have high chairs or booster seats. We had to walk out to find a local breakfast option which catered for families.

Overall an average Courtyard - but not having things like high chairs is unacceptable.

• Stayed: August 2013
GMDullesCourt, General Manager at Courtyard Dulles Airport Chantilly, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Hi Andrew,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I do sincerely apologize for not being able to accommodate your family during your brief visit with us. While it is of no help to you at this point, we have purchased a high chair for families with small children to be able to use. It was an unacceptbale oversight and again, I apologize.

I do hope that you will choose us again if you are in the area.