Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsbusiness colleaguesoatmeal packetsdvd playerpost officesmoking roomfuture visitslaundry roomhotel is cleanexcellent customer servicetaco bellstayed nightshotel staffcomfortable stayoutdoor poolconvenient locationnaimastove
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Gives you a chance to unwind and not have to eat out! Good coffee,but breakfast is lame.No milk, only coffeemate for the oatmeal,seriously???? Water pressure out of the shower head could be Better.Trash room needs to be cleaned out more often. The Hall smelled of garbage.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I stayed here 4 nights and overall was worked for my business needs (4 blocks from where I had to be each day). Internet very slow, I didn't pay for additional speed. Everything else was OK and made for a good business trip and a pleasant stay. Friendly helpful staff. Lots of restaurants and other facilities in the area. 10 minutes from Dulles Int.
Housekeeping needs improvement, my room stunk (curry) and in front of my bathroom vanity on the floor was a sticky Mouse Catcher?? Top of frig had 2 months worth of dust, they need to do better!!
The room had with microwave, coffeepot, full size refrigerator, stove and (very) basic utensils, pans toaster etc so you can cook your meals if you so desire. This is a suite hotel which means you get more amenities for less$, but you do not get daily room service, you get room service once a week (if you want clean sheets, towels etc they will gladly give to you at the front desk). Because it has a mini kitchenette they do not serve breakfast, but offered coffee and oatmeal bars & muffins to go.. The hotel seamed clean and well appointed, There is a laundry room. Comfortable beds (if you like extra firm), This is an older property I say it is 2 stars at most. But if price matters it could be your spot. I might stay here again if I'm in this area but doubt it..

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Chantilly - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear that our free Wi-Fi and the cleanliness of your room did not meet your expectations. I will be meeting with our staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. Your feedback is greatly appreciated, as it will enable us to continue to improve our hotel.

If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at DCN@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you’re in the area.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

I stay at hotels throughtout the year for business, I've been to this Location before, and was happy to see the quality still here. I got there quite late on a Wed, Staff was friendly ..disappeared after I arrived, perhaps they were waiting. That felt good. Room is small but well designed, sep kitchen area with carpet in bedroom area, gives sense of space.. great t.v. and dvd player . I liked designs of furniture, lights on walls, full kitchen, bathtub, I dropped something on floor and had to look under bed, something I hate to do in a hotel ! It was very clean. The entire room was spotless. I like this hotel and only a few negatives
ONE luggage cart. ONE. it was missing, all the time. Many hotels are now buying small intelligent carts, 4 fit together like in a super market, since space is tight.. they are cheaper too. I had to make 4 trips back and forth to the car.
my curtain didn't close tightly to block out light... linens on bed are in good condition but cheapish, and noise from highway woke me at 5 a.m. the bed however, was extremely comfortable.
Also,It was a very cold night, and I didn't put on the heat since I don't like the noise of heating units ,and yet I was only a little chilly so I guess the hotel is well insulated. all in all, I recommend the facility and will stay there again in late January.
I'd ask for an extra blanket, a room opposite side of hotel from highway... My fav restaurant in the area is Bonefish Grill.(703) 378-4970 - 13005 Lee Jackson Memorial Hwy, Fairfax, VA.and there is a redbox to rent dvds a few min away outside Walmart .
If anything I've said has helped you, please give me a helpful vote !

Room Tip: choose a room opposite side from highway
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Katya m
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I normally don't review properties (I think I've reviewed just 3 in 3 years), but I felt the need to give credit where credit is due here!

After traveling for a year, I came back to the DC area for a few months - since I was staying for such a short time, my living options were limited. I didn't want to sign a 12-month lease, and I didn't really feel like paying $1800/month for a short-term apartment.

So, I found the Extended Stay Chantilly through Priceline, and got a really good week-to-week deal here. I figured it would be a really basic hotel, but I was really pleasantly surprised with everything over the last 2 months.

Pros:
- Pretty modern rooms that are very clean. Apparently, they were updated 2 years ago, and it shows. Flat screen TV, nice marble countertops, nice new couch and bed, etc. This was definitely the best part of the stay, and feels more like a 3-3.5 star hotel.
- You get the perks of a big hotel chain, like cleaning (once/week) and free breakfast (just fruit/cereal bars/muffins/coffee, but it works), and WiFi throughout the building.
- The room has everything: workstation, full kitchen, fridge - so you can live here like you would any apartment.
- A Wal-Mart just across the road! Okay, I get a little too excited about this kind of thing :) But it's open 24 hours, and only takes about 8 minutes to walk to (2 minute drive), so you can buy anything you need 24/7.
- Cheaper than a short-term apartment or similar hotel. This is priced like a 1-star hotel, but again, feels more like a 3-star one.
- The staff! Especially Naima and Promita - they are so full of energy, and really brighten your day when you go by the front desk. Between that and a cup of coffee, I'm good to go :) If you have any questions or need anything, they're so helpful. The whole staff is great, but these 2 really stood out!

Cons:
- Noise - the doors in the hotel *really* slam loudly, so you just have to hope that nobody comes in and out when you're trying to sleep. There are definitely times where people are drunk in the halls at 1am, or talking loudly on their phone in the hallway at midnight, which can get in the way of a good night's sleep. That being said, the hotel itself is situated in a very quiet dead end part of Brookfield Corporate Drive. There's almost zero outside noise at night, which is rare in the DC metro area!
- Far from the city - if you're not from around here, don't mistake this for being close to DC. It's a 40-minute drive (one way) in good traffic, and probably 60 minutes during rush hour. There's not a whole lot here besides the hotel and a Wal-Mart, so be prepared to drive to get to anywhere else.

Room Tip: Get rooms 331-335 if you can - these are on the top floor, in the corner farthest from the smoking/pet half of the building. You'll be less likely to have people walking by and making noise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 November 2013

When i came to Virginia on work responsibilities, I stayed in this hotel. The hotel and the room alloted to me is pretty clean. They provided complimentary breakfast on every morning. In case if you need any information like near by restuarants, super market, they are ready to assist you especially Naima. She is so professional and very friendly, who made my stay a pleasant one. I would say its a good one to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business