“Restaurant stuff”

Holiday Inn Chantilly-Dulles Expo (Arpt)
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Chantilly
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for couple days, for business trip, front desk is useless, don't give you any information, in general seems like then don't care at all, went to the pool, it was dirty and as the excuse they said because of the rain and paint on the bottom it's dirty. Well, not a big deal, then ordered room service, and the prices in a room menu is different than at the restaurant, so I.ll suggest just double check. And actually last night of my stay decided to go to the restaurant at the hotel and seemed like it was separate planet with the hotel. People speak english, had great customer service, and they made my stay. Thank you Paul( who as a manager was running around and helping with everything, he is amazing,handsome man, beautiful smile, knows how to professionally talk to the guests, be nice and be respectful ) Becky(amazing bartender even in busy hours), Abby and Gerardo(lovely waitresses)!!! All of you did a great job ! Because of you I.d like to come back !!!
Otherwise hotel definitely needs improvements! !!!
From Russia with love,
Anastasia :)

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank anab145

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I went on a group trip so there was some delay in getting to my room and the first room I was given was in the beginning stages of being cleaned. I was given another room a short time later and it was clean and comfortable. My sister discovered to her surprise that her room did not have a bathtub and she likes to take baths and not showers. After a long trip there she was too tired to ask for another room. The group leader had arranged for our group to have breakfast and we were given a private dining area. The breakfast was O.K. with the exception of the fake eggs and no toaster for the sliced bread that on the serving table. We asked for a toaster for two mornings but did not get one until the third and last morning. After getting orange juice and very good coffee at the included breakfast, my friends and I paid for breakfast in the restaurant for two of the three mornings.

Room Tip: If you want a bathtub let the desk know.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chantilly-Dulles Expo (Arpt), responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Rosalyn P,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We apologize for the shortfalls you have experienced during your stay. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I checked in around 9:30 pm and found that although my reservation specified a room with two beds they were all out. At that point it didn't matter because my son had cancelled on me, but still you should be warned that you won't always get what you asked for. The room was clean and the king bed comfortable, although the walls seemed a little on the thin side (I could hear talking in the next room). The bathroom has a magnifying mirror and a shower but no tub. Cool design where the hinged bathroom door can serve as a door to the whole room or just the toilet area. The next day (a Saturday) they were short-staffed in the restaurant around 8 am. The breakfast choices are numerous although the menu didn't match the sample in the notebook in my room. I chose the One Egg with English Muffin and Fruit (or something like that). The English muffin was cold but the scrambled egg wasn't. They forgot my cranberry juice until I was done eating and had the nerve to charge me for it ($2.19) and I drank it anyway because I was too shy to refuse it. Still, I slept well and would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I was traveling with a group (The Bandit Run) and one of our overnight stops was in Chantilly. The hotel was packed with "runners" as well as other guests. When we checked in I overheard someone say to the person checking us in about giving us a certain room and explaining it ti us. Well no one explained anything. We got the key and went to our room. What they neglected to explain was they upgraded our room to a suite for the same price of the regular room! It was spacious and beautiful not to mention exceptionally clean! Too bad we were only there for one night I could have easily stayed there longer.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and if I travel to that area again I would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We were traveling with a very large group and a parking area was reserved for all of us. Our room was beautiful and clean. The complimentary breakfast buffet was delicious. There are several restaurants within walking distance.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Our recent 5 night stay was excellent. Front desk staff greeting on our arrival, made us feel like welcome guests and started our trip off right. We were fortunate to have snagged a great deal for a two room suite. I was pleased how clean and quiet everything was. All the Staff were friendly and helpful. Having a restaurant (BOB O'S ) on site was really a blessing, especially one that makes it's own salad dressings. Prices were very reasonable and food delicious. Everyone went out of their way to ensure our meals were to our liking. Will be our first choice HOTEL when visiting family in Chantilly again. MLPJ-Houston

Room Tip: we were on the 5th floor over looking the pool, very quiet and lovely suite
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Nice property. Lobby and out side areas well maintained. Courteous
Staff. Did not use any of the facilities, was just looking for a place to sleep....

Did not get much of that. That air coming out if the AC unit was so damp, the sheets felt wet. The furniture was that damp feeling to it. Talked to the front desk, looked at me with a perplexed expression on his face. Was just trying to inform them of obvious AC issue.
Dont worry, not looking for a freebie.

Room was looking a little worn, but this is the DC area, most hotels are sold out daily, so I guess to be expected.

The primary function of the hotel is to provide you with a place to sleep. Fail.

With so little sleep, it is going to be a long day...

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chantilly-Dulles Expo (Arpt), responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear Robert C,

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience. We are very glad that you found our hotel exterior well maintained and our staff courteous. I am however disappointed to read that issues regarding the air conditioning system in your room prevented you from full enjoying your stay. As a valued guest, please be assured that all feedback will be acted upon as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

We look forward to welcoming you back and ensuring a positive stay experience on your future visit.

Kind Regards,