“me gusto mucho favorite shrimp and fish”
Review of Picante!

Picante!
Ranked #7 of 154 Restaurants in Chantilly
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Traditional Mexican fare offered backed by generous-sized portions! Picante! The Real Taco is also the spot to be on Friday nights, when our tequila lounge continues to be transformed into a salsa dance party starting at 8:30!
Virginia
“me gusto mucho favorite shrimp and fish”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Started with the ceviche my new favorite fresh seafood combo appetizer. Then on to the two special for my guest and I. Pescado al mojo de ajo usually my guest only eats half and saves the other half for next day lunch at work. I on the other hand finish my camarones al mojo de ajo. The fish and shrimp platters are plentiful fresh and a great presentation with rice side sald or charros beans. Want to be romantic get the mother of all margiritas with two straws. This way your guest can't tell how much you really drank. Staff is great attentive and professional. Food fresh and tasty never disappointed. Try the desserts and coffee. Or just hang out at the tequilla bar and during the week they have salsa dance lessons. Enjoy this gem of a place it is the real picante.

• Visited March 2014
Guillermo M, Manager at Picante!, responded to this review, 3 April 2015
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review! We are glad to know you got to try many of our house specialties, including the mother of all margaritas!

We hope to see you around here more often! Thank you for choosing and recommending Picante!

Virginia
“Best Mexican Ever”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We have been going here for years. The frajitas are fabulous as is everything we have had. The waitstaff are friendly and efficient. It is our favorite Mexican restaurant. We haven't found a better one yet.

• Visited February 2014
Guillermo M, Manager at Picante!, responded to this review, 3 April 2015
Thank you for the review! We work everyday to offer only the best quality food & service to our customers.
Bristow, Virginia
“Solid dinner”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Found this restaurant through a google search. Husband was wanting Mexican food but didn't want to go to Uncle Julia's (too loud) or drive into Vienna. Restaurant is located in a strip mall a bit difficult to access with construction on Route 50. Restaurant appeared clean on the inside. Our waiter was ok, could have been a bit more attentive. The chips were a bit thick not my personal favorite but they were crisp. Salsa had a good flavor but was very thin. Burritos are served dry or wet (never heard it referred to this way). Wet means with sauce on it. Portion was huge and hubby liked it! It only comes with one side (i.e. beans, rice) so we ordered an extra side of refried beans. I got the fajitas for one. Large portion too and thought the flour tortillas were great! It came with guacomole, pico de gallo and sour cream. Step son got a taco salad (the bowl looked freshly fried). Only negative was I ordered a frozen margarita and it came on the rocks. Overall a good experience and will probably go back.

• Visited February 2014
Guillermo M, Manager at Picante!, responded to this review, 3 April 2015
Thank you for your feedback and for trying out Picante!

It is extremely important for us to maintain a consistent flavor in all of our dishes. We hope you come back and change your mind about our chips and salsa!
Moneta, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Super Chalupa”
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

Often the lowly chalupa is the third entree in a Mexican combo platter. Picante has elevated the chalupa to a dish of its own. The lettuce and tomatoes were fresh and the cheese and beans rested on a crispy tortilla.

Falls Church, Virginia
“Fun Local Fare in an Unexpected Place!”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I had the pleasure of a lunch with a friend, who had been bringing his family here for several years. Quite understandable after a first-hand impression of how they treated their customers, how each order was carefully recorded, and how each meal was served in a timely manner. This is real Mexican food prepared by those who understand and appreciate what such a good meal means. No need to take a second mortgage out to feed a family here, either! I can see coming back many times in the future! Not sure about reservations, but I can tell you I'd call ahead to see how crowded the place is for lunch or dinner - and with good reason!

• Visited November 2013