I was extremely pleased with the location, 2 minutes walk to the Pedestrian Mall with lots of shops and places to eat and only about a 6 minute drive to Monticello, which was the primary reason for my visit. The staff was very personable, the generous continental breakfast a definate cut above the norm (fresh bakery items, fresh squeezed OJ) and the comp wine and cheese made me feel I was getting my money's worth. I especially liked the hard wood floors, period furniture and the mattress was very comfortable. There are some outdoor condition issues, but nothing that detracted from my enjoyment of the visit. There were lots of nooks and porches and chairs to sit in all over the place. Wonderful experience of Virginia hospitality!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 200 South Street Inn, centrally located near Thomas Jefferson's Monticello and the University of Virginia, offers southern elegance in Charlottesville's lively historic downtown district two blocks from the Downtown Mall. With sixty restaurants in the immediate vicinity you can't get better convenience. As a Bed and Breakfast, the Inn combines a relaxing, comfortable atmosphere with all the conveniences of an elegant hotel. A stay with us includes homemade cookies upon arrival, wine and artisan cheeses served in the evenings as well as a full breakfast served each morning with fresh baked goods and fresh juices. Rooms feature antique furnishings, fireplaces, private baths, some with whirlpool tubs, and a view of Downtown Charlottesville. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your 200 South Street Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 200 South Street Hotel Charlottesville
- 200 South Street Charlottesville