“Family Girl's Weekend”

200 South Street Inn
Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
Richmond, VA
“Family Girl's Weekend”
Reviewed 21 April 2013

My daughter, daughter-in-law and I stayed here for a "Girls Weekend". The Inn was lovely. Very clean and nice atmosphere. The wine and cheese reception was very nice and held our appetites in check until we could get to dinner. The breakfast was terrific! Fresh baked breads, beautiful fruit, fresh squeezed orange juice, yogurt and the very best coffee I have ever had! The staff is very friendly and professional...... and they work hard to make your stay comfortable and pleasant.
The location is fantastic and we were able to walk over the "Farmers Market" across the street to pick up some snacks to take to the winery. We walked to the Downtown Mall and to restaurants in the evening. Everything is close and it feels very safe.
Yes, I heard the train ...... but it was not bothersome to me at all. It adds to the character!
The ONLY minor thing ...... the sofabed in Room 24 needs a new mattress. It was hard and lumpy .... but I folded up one of the extra quilts and put it under the sheet for a little extra padding. That worked fine .... but still ..... that should be updated. I mentioned it as we were leaving to the young lady at reception. Hopefully, this can be attended to because then - the place will be PERFECT. :-)
I am looking forward to returning - this time with my husband. Many thanks to all for a wonderful weeknd!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I actually live in Charlottesville, but went to the Inn for a night for a little retreat. It was perfect. The staff was lovely, ambiance was perfect and I left feeling refreshed and recharged. Perfect atmosphere - charming and intimate. Also, the breakfast in the morning was amazing - fresh scones, hot out if the oven. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Forest, Virginia
Reviewed 8 April 2013

From the moment you walk in it feels like home. Delicious cookies are waiting to tempt you at check-in followed by a nice assortment of fruit and cheese before you embark on a trip to the nearby pedestrian mall. My husband and I decided to spend the night here to celebrate our anniversary in April. With a little chill in the air the wonderful staff had a fire going in our room, very inviting and romantic. The train is nearby, but it didn't disturb us in the least. We enjoyed our evening and woke the next morning to the smell of fresh coffee. And the assortment of breads, coffee cakes, fruit, cereal and juices was wonderful. We highly recommend a stay at this lovely inn and will try to schedule another visit.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 7 April 2013

The main building is lovely, the wine/snacks are a nice touch, the staff are friendly, and the location cannot be beat. I've heard good things about the rooms at the front of the main house, but those were booked, so we stayed in the cottage and the room was *terrible* (#16) - the water in the sink wasn't working, the shower drain was clogged, the bed was uncomfortable, etc. And perhaps worst of all, we heard the train pass throughout the night and barely slept. Also, drivers block each other in - if you park in the driveway, beware. I would not return.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
200southstreetinn, Manager at 200 South Street Inn, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us as we want to make sure that every room is working properly. I have carefully checked the plumbing in Room 16 and could not find the issues you mentioned, but I will continue to keep a watchful eye on it. I am sorry that you were disturbed by the train and the parking situation, which was quite unusual. Our guest do not block each other in as a rule and I can understand how this must have been frustrating. I hope that you might stay with us again in one of the front rooms of the houses, away from the train tracks.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 31 March 2013

My husband and tween age daughter stayed here for one night after we'd been in Williamsburg for a few days. This funky little Inn was so refreshing after the typical hotel atmosphere we'd had in W'burg. We were all sorry we all sorry that we'd given ourselves only one night to stay in this cozy place and explore C'ville. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I had the best nights sleep of our entire trip in a beautifully appointed bed with the best mattress on the planet.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Södertälje, Stockholms Län, Sweden
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Cannot find a negative point , brilliant staff welcoming from the second you arrive, great rooms with original period features , only a short walk from the bars and restraunts in charlottesville.Only point would be to mention the train that passes several times a night but this did not disturb my sleep.
Breakfast was a good selection of food with fresh baked breads and cakes. Would recommed to anyone visiting charlottesville.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Durham, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 27 March 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for the Virginia Festival of the Book in March. We were a little hesitant because we're young and tend to stay out late, and we weren't sure if we were really going to fully appreciate the B&B experience. We did it anyway because it was such easy walking distance to all the downtown bars, restaurants, etc.

And I'm so glad we did! We picked a top-floor room in the main house, and it was very quiet and out of the way of everything else. Suuuper comfy. The staff was friendly and helpful with suggestions and directions. Breakfast and their evening wine & cheese hour were both great. Can't say enough great things! Stay here!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple