My daughter, daughter-in-law and I stayed here for a "Girls Weekend". The Inn was lovely. Very clean and nice atmosphere. The wine and cheese reception was very nice and held our appetites in check until we could get to dinner. The breakfast was terrific! Fresh baked breads, beautiful fruit, fresh squeezed orange juice, yogurt and the very best coffee I have ever had! The staff is very friendly and professional...... and they work hard to make your stay comfortable and pleasant.
The location is fantastic and we were able to walk over the "Farmers Market" across the street to pick up some snacks to take to the winery. We walked to the Downtown Mall and to restaurants in the evening. Everything is close and it feels very safe.
Yes, I heard the train ...... but it was not bothersome to me at all. It adds to the character!
The ONLY minor thing ...... the sofabed in Room 24 needs a new mattress. It was hard and lumpy .... but I folded up one of the extra quilts and put it under the sheet for a little extra padding. That worked fine .... but still ..... that should be updated. I mentioned it as we were leaving to the young lady at reception. Hopefully, this can be attended to because then - the place will be PERFECT. :-)
I am looking forward to returning - this time with my husband. Many thanks to all for a wonderful weeknd!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 200 South Street Inn, centrally located near Thomas Jefferson's Monticello and the University of Virginia, offers southern elegance in Charlottesville's lively historic downtown district two blocks from the Downtown Mall. With sixty restaurants in the immediate vicinity you can't get better convenience. As a Bed and Breakfast, the Inn combines a relaxing, comfortable atmosphere with all the conveniences of an elegant hotel. A stay with us includes homemade cookies upon arrival, wine and artisan cheeses served in the evenings as well as a full breakfast served each morning with fresh baked goods and fresh juices. Rooms feature antique furnishings, fireplaces, private baths, some with whirlpool tubs, and a view of Downtown Charlottesville. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline and Hotel.de so you can book your 200 South Street Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 200 South Street Hotel Charlottesville
- 200 South Street Charlottesville