Great historic B&B inn within short walk to downtown mall. We were welcomed at the door, and there were delicious oatmeal chocolate chip cookies waiting on the counter. Breakfast was very nice with good coffee, several breads, scones, and fruit & cereals. We had booked online and thus were not aware that the the railroad runs very close by. Don't book the rooms on the lower level and in the back of the inn. Trains are random, but when they go by, they will rattle your room & be noisy. They try to mention the trains to those who book by phone, but they need to let you know when you book online. However, Caroline,who checked us in and was very welcoming, was very gracious and we were upgraded to a lovely room upstairs on the front side, and that was much quieter (no train problems). The inn has a lovely wraparound porch.....We enjoyed the inn very much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 200 South Street Inn, centrally located near Thomas Jefferson's Monticello and the University of Virginia, offers southern elegance in Charlottesville's lively historic downtown district two blocks from the Downtown Mall. With sixty restaurants in the immediate vicinity you can't get better convenience. As a Bed and Breakfast, the Inn combines a relaxing, comfortable atmosphere with all the conveniences of an elegant hotel. A stay with us includes homemade cookies upon arrival, wine and artisan cheeses served in the evenings as well as a full breakfast served each morning with fresh baked goods and fresh juices. Rooms feature antique furnishings, fireplaces, private baths, some with whirlpool tubs, and a view of Downtown Charlottesville. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your 200 South Street Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 200 South Street Hotel Charlottesville
- 200 South Street Charlottesville