200 South Street Inn
Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$126
Doubletree.com
Courtyard by Marriott Charlottesville North(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
US$118
Courtyard
US$242
US$212
Hampton.com
The Inn at Court Square(Charlottesville)
US$281
US$259
Oakhurst Inn(Charlottesville)
US$195
The English Inn of Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$146
Hampton Inn Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$137
Omni Charlottesville(Charlottesville)
US$245
US$178
  • Pool
The Inn at 400 West High(Charlottesville)
US$253
US$222
The Clifton(Charlottesville)
US$217
US$206
All reviewswine and cheeseyogurttrain tracksdowntown mallwrap around porchcookiestwo blocksgreat locationthe main housesqueezed orange juicefarmers marketcontinental breakfastoff street parkingfresh baked breadcoffee cakewithin walking distancelight sleeper
Reviewed 11 February 2014

We will absolutely be back. The inn is nestled in downtown Charlottesville, walking distance to all the wonderful shops, restaurants, spas and fun the mall has to offer. Close to campus, we made this our overnight stay before an early morning UVA Swimming and Diving meet. We were greeted by welcoming staff, there were fresh cookies and fruit out at all times, wine and cheese were served as we were checking in and we enjoyed a lovely breakfast in our room by the fire. We really enjoyed our suite (room 20) we took in the Olympic opening ceremony the cozy sitting room of our sweet. Thanks to the lovely staff for helping us pick the room and for being so friendly.

Room Tip: Room 20 has 2 fireplaces, a firm bed, a tub shower combo and a beautiful sitting room, it was well worth the additional cost! The cookies at the front desk are awesome.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We were only there 2 nights, yes there is a train track out back which ran about 11:30pm and there's no avoiding the noise no matter which room BUT it really didn't matter as the Inn is very charming and convenient. Wonderful breads & fresh o.j. for breakfast.

Room Tip: We chose our rooms for the fireplaces. Very quaint.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 February 2014

If you are looking for a place within walking distance to the downtown district, this is definitely a winner. The room was nice and comfortable. The home itself is quite charming and well maintained. The paint downstairs was fresh and vibrant and I loved the old pine plank floors. I was glad to be on the top floor, as the charming floors are quite squeaky. As far as bed and breakfast go, it was more like hotel than an intimate innkeeper b & b experience. The staff was quite friendly and helpful, but it lacked the personal encounters with the innkeepers. There is a railroad track that does run behind the house, this is both charming and alarming if you are unaware. I knew there was a train, I just didn't expect it to shake the entire house! The first night, around 11 p.m. a train came by and I had flash backs of being in earthquakes in Central America. That being said, once I got used to it, I was fine. I think it was the intial shock of it all. We went during their winter special and I am glad we didn't pay the full rate to stay there. I think if that has been the case I would of been disappointed. Overall if you are looking for a place to stay that is not quite a hotel, with great location to the downtown area, then this would be a good choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the back of the house if you are light sleeper as the train does go by. We stayed in the top room as I wanted as quiet as possible. Also I really dislike noise from above (i.e. squeaky floors, footsteps etc).
Reviewed 24 January 2014

My wife and I came on a getaway weekend and loved the place. We had a lovely, cozy room with a fireplace which was perfect. There was a nice breakfast and wind and cheese reception each day. We were able to walk to dinner both night. It's a great location. We love coming to the Charlottesville area and will definitely consider staying here again.

1  Thank aprice16
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Went to the Jefferson which is on the downtown mall for a concert. This place was only several blocks away. The manager was helpful. We loved our room. Highly recommend a visit! I would recommend having a red wine available for the 5 pm wine and cheese hour. Wine ran out and was not refilled. Otherwise, great place!