We stayed at 200 South Street this past week, and enjoyed our stay. The place was clean and friendly, continental breakfasts good, nice wine and cheese in late afternoon. Staff were very friendly and helpful in suggesting restaurants, places to visit. Everything worked: plumbing, HVAC, WiFi, etc.
A few quibbles: The furnishings blur the line between "antique" and "rickety." We had a tippy table, a wardrobe with an inoperable door, and a wobbly chair in our room. There is very little common space for hanging out or eating, especially if the weather doesn't favor using the nice wraparound porch. It seems like someone in the past made a decision to turn all available space into guest rooms, rather than leaving a parlor as common space. Breakfast and afternoon food selection were exactly the same assortment all three days we were there. Very good, but boring. This place is larger than most B&Bs -- 20+ rooms, so I guess it has to be run more like a hotel. And then there are the trains, very long freight trains, right behind the backyard fence, day and night but not too frequent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 200 South Street Inn, centrally located near Thomas Jefferson's Monticello and the University of Virginia, offers southern elegance in Charlottesville's lively historic downtown district two blocks from the Downtown Mall. With sixty restaurants in the immediate vicinity you can't get better convenience. As a Bed and Breakfast, the Inn combines a relaxing, comfortable atmosphere with all the conveniences of an elegant hotel. A stay with us includes homemade cookies upon arrival, wine and artisan cheeses served in the evenings as well as a full breakfast served each morning with fresh baked goods and fresh juices. Rooms feature antique furnishings, fireplaces, private baths, some with whirlpool tubs, and a view of Downtown Charlottesville. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de and Evoline ltd so you can book your 200 South Street Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 200 South Street Hotel Charlottesville
- 200 South Street Charlottesville