We just spent three delightful nights at the South Street Inn. From the first telephone conversation making the last minute reservation to our final goodbyes on Saturday morning, everything was wonderful. We were just going to stay one night in Charlottesville before heading out but we enjoyed our night at the inn so much, we just kept asking if they had room for us "one more night!"
The inn itself is a beautifully restored historic home full of antiques from England and Belgium. The rooms are very comfortable with everything you could need for a comfortable night. The breakfast is continental and delicious--so many different breakfast breads, yogurts, fruit, juices.
We wanted something close to the pedestrian mall downtown so that we could walk there--the inn is just 2 short blocks from all of the wonderful restaurants and downtown shops. We ate outside each evening at a different local restaurant--each restaurant has outside patio seating under the large shade trees on the pedestrian mall--so beautiful! The downtown area is vibrant and active with couples and families well into the night. We could walk back to the inn feeling completely safe even late at night!
Thanks for a wonderful three days!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 200 South Street Inn, centrally located near Thomas Jefferson's Monticello and the University of Virginia, offers southern elegance in Charlottesville's lively historic downtown district two blocks from the Downtown Mall. With sixty restaurants in the immediate vicinity you can't get better convenience. As a Bed and Breakfast, the Inn combines a relaxing, comfortable atmosphere with all the conveniences of an elegant hotel. A stay with us includes homemade cookies upon arrival, wine and artisan cheeses served in the evenings as well as a full breakfast served each morning with fresh baked goods and fresh juices. Rooms feature antique furnishings, fireplaces, private baths, some with whirlpool tubs, and a view of Downtown Charlottesville. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de and Evoline ltd so you can book your 200 South Street Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 200 South Street Hotel Charlottesville
- 200 South Street Charlottesville