We've stayed here twice and would be going back except it's full when we plan to return. It's an old house with creaky floors but everything works as well as a new hotel and there's plenty of privacy.
It's 2 short blocks from the mall and their shops, bars and restaurants. It's not walking distance to the campus but I prefer to get away from that madness.
Cookies at night are worth waiting for and making a second trip to the lobby is known to happen. breakfast is fresh breads and fruit and a leisurely morning with coffee on a big wrap around porch. parking is easy and private; rare for a college town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 200 South Street Inn, centrally located near Thomas Jefferson's Monticello and the University of Virginia, offers southern elegance in Charlottesville's lively historic downtown district two blocks from the Downtown Mall. With sixty restaurants in the immediate vicinity you can't get better convenience. As a Bed and Breakfast, the Inn combines a relaxing, comfortable atmosphere with all the conveniences of an elegant hotel. A stay with us includes homemade cookies upon arrival, wine and artisan cheeses served in the evenings as well as a full breakfast served each morning with fresh baked goods and fresh juices. Rooms feature antique furnishings, fireplaces, private baths, some with whirlpool tubs, and a view of Downtown Charlottesville. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your 200 South Street Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 200 South Street Hotel Charlottesville
- 200 South Street Charlottesville