We stopped here mid-week without a reservation and were the only guests! We were able to negotiate a price for a great room as business was so slow. Bathroom was not very flash, but clean and perfectly adequate. Room was charming - beautiful antiques. Great breakfast. Even better was the wrap-around porch which we spent the evening on, sitting on our rocking chairs and enjoying the complimentary wine and cheese. Really convenient for downtown Charlottesville, but still peaceful. Good base or stop-off point if you're visiting Monticello or heading to Shenandoah National Park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 200 South Street Inn, centrally located near Thomas Jefferson's Monticello and the University of Virginia, offers southern elegance in Charlottesville's lively historic downtown district two blocks from the Downtown Mall. With sixty restaurants in the immediate vicinity you can't get better convenience. As a Bed and Breakfast, the Inn combines a relaxing, comfortable atmosphere with all the conveniences of an elegant hotel. A stay with us includes homemade cookies upon arrival, wine and artisan cheeses served in the evenings as well as a full breakfast served each morning with fresh baked goods and fresh juices. Rooms feature antique furnishings, fireplaces, private baths, some with whirlpool tubs, and a view of Downtown Charlottesville. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your 200 South Street Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 200 South Street Hotel Charlottesville
- 200 South Street Charlottesville