We chose the Inn as a base to walk to the U2 concert at Scott Stadium. it was admittedly about 2 miles to the stadium but a pleasant walk through town, the historic corner, the Rotunda and Lawn. The walk back was just as pleasant, and culminated with drinks on the downtown mall which was only 2 blocks away. We never used our car, making it the perfect visit. It stayed happy in the off street parking courtyard.
The wine reception, cookies and breakfasts were great and though a full house, we spread out on the great porch.
We stayed on the first floor and did not experience any concerns about noise from other guests or the railroad. The interior would benefit from a freshen up/decorating / paint wise, but the rooms were clean and spacious.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 200 South Street Inn, centrally located near Thomas Jefferson's Monticello and the University of Virginia, offers southern elegance in Charlottesville's lively historic downtown district two blocks from the Downtown Mall. With sixty restaurants in the immediate vicinity you can't get better convenience. As a Bed and Breakfast, the Inn combines a relaxing, comfortable atmosphere with all the conveniences of an elegant hotel. A stay with us includes homemade cookies upon arrival, wine and artisan cheeses served in the evenings as well as a full breakfast served each morning with fresh baked goods and fresh juices. Rooms feature antique furnishings, fireplaces, private baths, some with whirlpool tubs, and a view of Downtown Charlottesville. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your 200 South Street Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 200 South Street Hotel Charlottesville
- 200 South Street Charlottesville