I stayed here for 2 days for work. Traveling as a woman alone and arriving after dark, I was not happy to have to drive 2 blocks to my room and park in a dark parking lot and walk to my room building. My room was updated with new furniture, a large bathroom with walk-in shower, terry bathrobe, and updated TV. Each night there was a box with chocolates on my pillow, but I was disappointed that my sheets had holes in them, and would have expected that someone would have noticed. It was also strange that the hallways had dehumidifiers running on each floor, guess that is in response to previous reviews about the smell. My room also had a nice balcony with a table and chairs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boar's Head is a quintessential Virginia resort, offering a warm, intimate ambiance, exceptional service and unparalleled Southern hospitality. Located on a bucolic 573-acre country estate, our AAA Four Diamond resort offers 175 guest rooms and suites, Four Diamond dining in the Old Mill Room, a wide variety of world class recreational activities, spa and 22,000 square feet of meeting facilities for groups of 20 to 630. Owned and operated by the University of Virginia Foundation, Boar's Head is just minutes from the University of Virginia that was founded by Thomas Jefferson, only two hours from Washington, D.C., And at the foot of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Hotel.de so you can book your The Boar's Head reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Boar`s Head Hotel Charlottesville
- Boars Head Hotel
- Boars Head Charlottesville
- Boars Head Inn Charlottesville Va