Had Thanksgiving Brunch at the Boars Head inn. Since we live in the Charlottesville area and have had brunch there many times before we thought it would be nice to go out to a top notch place instead of going through all the preparation of having Thanksgiving at home. BIG MISTAKE. First the parking, parking there was inadequate for the amount of people they were having for brunch and guests staying there. The food was as stated mediocre at best. Our reservation was for 130pm the tuna and duck were gone, the sliced beef was hammered Nothing worse than well done sliced beef in a chafing dish, it should have been carved. The ham was just a big deli sandwich ham, a nice spiral ham would have been better. The seafood bar had frozen snow crab claws and shrimp. The oysters were obviously shucked the day before they were dry, should have been shucked that day. The scallop salad was ok. The turkey breast was dry and you had to dig through bones and tendons in the dark meat chafer to get any dark meat. The lobster bisque tasted like it was made from lobster base. The other items in the chaffers were standard Thanksgiving fare, nothing special. The floor staff was NON-EXISTENT, we had to clear our own plates and it took forever to get water refills. The mimosas were good as well as the coffee. Buy the time we got to the dessert table the desserts were practically gone, no pumpkin pie, one small piece of apple strudel nothing chocolate at all, the mince pie was the lamest I've ever had. I expected so much more since we've had brunch there before and enjoyed it. This was a total and expensive let down. We would have been better off going to Wood Grill if they were open.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boar's Head is a quintessential Virginia resort, offering a warm, intimate ambiance, exceptional service and unparalleled Southern hospitality. Located on a bucolic 573-acre country estate, our AAA Four Diamond resort offers 175 guest rooms and suites, Four Diamond dining in the Old Mill Room, a wide variety of world class recreational activities, spa and 22,000 square feet of meeting facilities for groups of 20 to 630. Owned and operated by the University of Virginia Foundation, Boar's Head is just minutes from the University of Virginia that was founded by Thomas Jefferson, only two hours from Washington, D.C., And at the foot of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Boar's Head reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Boar`s Head Hotel Charlottesville
- Boars Head Hotel
- Boars Head Charlottesville
- Boars Head Inn Charlottesville Va