The Boars Head is located in Charlottesville, VA, a neighboring city to ours and we try to get away there once or twice a year. Based on a reconstructed mill and developed into a complete complex with sports, tennis, swimming, spa etc. etc. Lovely setting around a small lake and first rate architecture and is run by UVA real estate group. Very good restaurant and great Sunday brunch buffet and a bar with a roof deck overlooking the lake, it has it all. Definitely more of a resort than a chain hotel experience. Very relaxing for a one night or weekend get away. Outstanding staff!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boar's Head is a quintessential Virginia resort, offering a warm, intimate ambiance, exceptional service and unparalleled Southern hospitality. Located on a bucolic 573-acre country estate, our AAA Four Diamond resort offers 175 guest rooms and suites, Four Diamond dining in the Old Mill Room, a wide variety of world class recreational activities, spa and 22,000 square feet of meeting facilities for groups of 20 to 630. Owned and operated by the University of Virginia Foundation, Boar's Head is just minutes from the University of Virginia that was founded by Thomas Jefferson, only two hours from Washington, D.C., And at the foot of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Boar's Head Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Boar`s Head Hotel Charlottesville
- Boars Head Hotel
- Boars Head Charlottesville
- Boars Head Inn Charlottesville Va