Let me start off by saying that we are Marriott Rewards members and stay at Courtyards frequently. While this hotel WAS clean and your just like any other typical Marriott Courtyard, after our personal experience we would not stay at this particular hotel again.
We arrived early (2:00pm) and we knew check-in was not until 3:00pm, we figured we may be able to get our room. The front desk said that there were no rooms available yet as they were sold out the night before (fine with us, we knew we were early). We waited in the lobby. At 3:00pm on the dot we were called over to be given our keys. We went to our room only to find out that our air conditioning was broken. We went back to the front desk and told the lady. She said she would send the maintenance man to the room. We went back and waited for an hour and called to say nobody had come yet. The man was then there in two minutes. He looked at the AC and could not get it working and left. At this point we had to get ready and go to a wedding. We packed our things (thinking we would switch rooms) and went and told the front desk that we had to leave for a wedding and it needed to be fixed by the time we got back or else we would like a new room.
We got back from the wedding around 10:00 and guess what, no AC. Back to the front desk we went, telling them that we would check-out and drive home and get a full refund rather than stay there. They seemed OK with that. The maintenance man met us at our room and said he had gotten it working while we were away. He did get it working, but then five minutes later it stopped. At this point we were so annoyed and exhausted we just needed sleep as we had to get up at the crack of dawn the next morning to drive home for work. My husband went up to the front desk and they said they would find a fan for our room. About 20 minutes later a knock on our door with a small desk fan (yes, better than nothing). (We also could have opened our door, however we were on the ground floor and did not feel safe leaving it open for anyone to walk in).
When we checked out the next morning and were asked how our stay was we told the new front desk person how horrible the room was with no A/C. She said she was sorry and would add some extra points to our account. 1,000 to be exact. That does not do anything. I would have appreciated a comp'd room, discounted, anything. 1,000 points will not get me anywhere and was almost like a slap in the face. So, needless to say we won't be staying at this particular Courtyard again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marriott Courtyard Charlottesville North hotel is conveniently located off Route 29 North, just minutes from historic downtown Charlottesville. This Charlottesville hotel is in close proximity to a variety of specialty shops and restaurants, as well as, near the University of Virginia (UVA), home of the Cavaliers. Courtyard Charlottesville is a short drive from Monticello Plantation and in close proximity to the southern entrance of Shenandoah National Park.Designed for the business traveler, yet pleasing for all, the Courtyard Charlottesville North knows what is important to its guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Courtyard Charlottesville North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Charlottesville North Hotel Charlottesville
- Charlottesville Marriott
- Charlottesville Courtyard