“Newly remodeled property”

Courtyard Charlottesville North
Ranked #21 of 35 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I love a new hotel and a newly remodeled hotel and this place was just remodeled.

I stayed here this week for work and was very happy with my stay. The room was super clean, the bed was comfy and it could not have been better.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Elizabeth P, General Manager at Courtyard Charlottesville North, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear gregbooras, Thank you very much for your review of our hotel! I love hearing that your stay "could not have been better". That is what we aim for with every guest and I'm so glad that you enjoyed your time here. We look forward to seeing you again soon! Thank you again, Elizabeth Paitrick

Reviewed 15 May 2014

The room was large and well appointed. I was allowed late checkout on the day of my departure and was given courtesy transportation to the airport with a most friendly driver. He and all the staff were exceptional, great representatives of the eastablishment, and they are especially the reason I would return and recommend this Courtyard to others.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear ElderTraveller, Thank you very much for your wonderful review of our hotel! We are always happy to accomodate our guests in any way possible, especially with late check outs or early check ins. Thank you for noting my staff is exceptional; I agree! They will love to hear that feedback. Thank you again for the review. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon! Sincerely, Elizabeth Paitrick

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Very nice hotel, convenient to Charlottesville area. Very clean, well kept. Extremely comfortable bed. Staff was super nice and helpful. Nice to have car parked near entrance to room - there are many entrances.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Let me start off by saying that we are Marriott Rewards members and stay at Courtyards frequently. While this hotel WAS clean and your just like any other typical Marriott Courtyard, after our personal experience we would not stay at this particular hotel again.

We arrived early (2:00pm) and we knew check-in was not until 3:00pm, we figured we may be able to get our room. The front desk said that there were no rooms available yet as they were sold out the night before (fine with us, we knew we were early). We waited in the lobby. At 3:00pm on the dot we were called over to be given our keys. We went to our room only to find out that our air conditioning was broken. We went back to the front desk and told the lady. She said she would send the maintenance man to the room. We went back and waited for an hour and called to say nobody had come yet. The man was then there in two minutes. He looked at the AC and could not get it working and left. At this point we had to get ready and go to a wedding. We packed our things (thinking we would switch rooms) and went and told the front desk that we had to leave for a wedding and it needed to be fixed by the time we got back or else we would like a new room.

We got back from the wedding around 10:00 and guess what, no AC. Back to the front desk we went, telling them that we would check-out and drive home and get a full refund rather than stay there. They seemed OK with that. The maintenance man met us at our room and said he had gotten it working while we were away. He did get it working, but then five minutes later it stopped. At this point we were so annoyed and exhausted we just needed sleep as we had to get up at the crack of dawn the next morning to drive home for work. My husband went up to the front desk and they said they would find a fan for our room. About 20 minutes later a knock on our door with a small desk fan (yes, better than nothing). (We also could have opened our door, however we were on the ground floor and did not feel safe leaving it open for anyone to walk in).

When we checked out the next morning and were asked how our stay was we told the new front desk person how horrible the room was with no A/C. She said she was sorry and would add some extra points to our account. 1,000 to be exact. That does not do anything. I would have appreciated a comp'd room, discounted, anything. 1,000 points will not get me anywhere and was almost like a slap in the face. So, needless to say we won't be staying at this particular Courtyard again.

Room Tip: Not at this hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Elizabeth P, General Manager at Courtyard Charlottesville North, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Mindy I,
Please accept my sincerest apologies for the uncomfortable night you had in our hotel recently. I can imagine how frustrating that must have been to not be able to get your room to a comfortable temperature, and in a timely manner. Please know that this experience is unusual for us and I hope that we can earn your trust back on your next visit to Charlottesville. Thank you very much for your feedback. It helps us a great deal.
Sincerely, Elizabeth Paitrick, General Manager

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Stayed 5/2/2014. Excellent service at check in. Very clean, well maintained. Nice beds & towels. Quiet, perfect stay. Beds seemed normal height to me & I'm 5'2. We did not eat at the bistro because we wanted to go out.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

My Mom and I were traveling for a funeral in Culpepper, and chose to stay here since we enjoy the Courtyard brand. We were so pleased to have an early check in accomodated so that we could change out of travel clothes. The staff was very friendly. The beds were comfortable (but they are a bit tall.... more of a climbing than falling into bed!), the linens were clean, and the shower had great water pressure. There was a microwave and a refrigerator in the room, as well, and both were sparkling clean. The property has been renovated in recent years and has a modern decorating scheme that I found very pleasant.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We love Courtyard Marriotts, but this location was by far the nicest. The staff was helpful in every way, pleasant and professional. The rooms were large and beautifully decorated. Wonderful place to stay!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Elizabeth P, General Manager at Courtyard Charlottesville North, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Isohovey,
Thank you so much for the great review of our hotel! To say that this is the nicest Marriott Courtyard you've ever stayed at is an incredible compliment! I can't wait to share that with my staff. Thank you again for taking the time to let us and your fellow travelers know about your experience. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon! Sincerely, Elizabeth Paitrick