I had high hopes when we entered our room; the linens and decor seemed clean and fresh - not too old. The bathroom was modern, with a glass-enclosed shower in lieu of the usual dated tub. The housekeeping staff had made a cute design with the toilet paper.
And then we found the mold.
Bright green splotches of mold - next to the headboard, running down a foot-and-a-half length of the wall. Disgusting.
It was late, and we were tired, and the hotel staff said that they were booked up, so we stayed in the room's other bed for the night (thank GOD we had two double beds). When I went down the next morning to tell the manager, he was nice about it, but also dismissive. He said that he'd send housekeeping up right away to take care of it, but only after he questioned whether it was mold (what the heck else would it be?!) and stated how strange it was to have mold in a brand-new, otherwise clean room.
My point exactly, sir.
No offer of a room change. Not even a free crappy breakfast.
VERY disappointed with their aloof attitude about the situation. I know you're busy, and booked up, and let's face it - it's a Holiday Inn, but customer service should always be first priority as far as I'm concerned!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Monticello Nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, we are 2 miles from the Historic Downtown Mall . We are the closest hotel to nearby attractions such as: Monticello; Ash Lawn-Highland; and Michie Tavern, and a convenient 3 miles from the University of Virginia and the UVa Hospital. Our hotel is just minutes away from the numerous arts and entertainment events held at the Paramount Theatre, Downtown Pavilion, Starr Hill Music Hall, Ash-Lawn Opera, and our newest venue, the John Paul Jones Arena also known as The Jack or JPJ . For visitors traveling on business we are close to State Farm Regional Office, GE-Fanuc, Hyosung, Lexis Nexis, SNL Securities, Klockner Pentaplast, UVA Medical Center, Martha Jefferson Hospital, , and Luck Stone Corp. This Charlottesville hotel features comfortably appointed rooms, free high-speed Internet, local phone calls, HBO, pay-per-view movies, irons & boards, hair dryers and coffee makers. The full service restaurant Charlotte s serves breakfast, dinner and room service daily. We have over 2200 square feet of versatile meeting and banquet space to host events for business meetings, weddings, reunions , and events . Let our experienced staff focus on the details to ensure that your event is a complete success. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Charlottesville-Monticello reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Charlottesville-Monticello Hotel Charlottesville
- Charlottesville Holiday Inn