“Breakfast left something to be desired”
Review of The Horse & Hound Gastropub - CLOSED

The Horse & Hound Gastropub
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American, British, Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 7th Street NW
Transit: The Charlottesville Trolley stops just across the street from us. We are also across the street from the Amtrak Station and a few blocks away from the Greyhound Bus station.
Crazzzzs
“Breakfast left something to be desired”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Maybe our mistake was having breakfast here instead of lunch or dinner. My husband and I tried it. There are other better alternatives to breakfast in Cville.

Visited April 2014

“Delicious”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Driving around looking for a non-chain restaurant, we chose the Horse and Hound simply because we could park there. It was a good choice. Our server was very friendly, and the food was delicious. My husband ordered salmon, and I had the Haystack, a stack of roasted vegetables with goat cheese and pesto. The skinny fries were crispy and perfect! They had a good selection of craft beer.

• Visited May 2014
Fairfax, Virginia
“Pleasant Outside Dining”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We had a table outside under a canopy and found it really enjoyable. The beer selection was very good and several of us had a nice flight of 4-6 oz beers ($16). My half rack of ribs (weekends only) was enormous and came with two very good sides. After an awkward delay in getting the first round, service was attentive. Parking was free and easy.

• Visited May 2014
Palo Alto, CA
“Mediocre food”
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

The lack of patrons should have warned us, but the decor looked good for a lunch spot. Our server was friendly and helpful. Too bad the food did not match up. My wife could not find the crab in her crabcake Benedict. My artichoke-Swiss-bacon sandwich had a lot of promise but was smothered in so much spivey mustard that I could not taste the artichoke nor the Swiss cheese. Altogether it was a disappointing meal.

“Vg food & service”
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Three of us stopped here for dinner after a long day of "touristing". The host was very friendly and knowledgable. Turned out he was our waiter as well. Very accommodating, and friendly. Acted really happy that I tried the house brew - a tasty Semi-Belgian style. The fish and chips done well using a tempura batter and the cod used. Was moist and perfectly cooked. my wife and her sister enjoyed this and both said the fries were great. I had the nightly special: corned beef and cabbage. They corn the beef in-house and it was delicious. Portions were ample but not overwhelming. Good Value.

Visited April 2014