“Muy delicioso”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Muy delicioso”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

My friend had a coupon for Aqui es Mexico so we decided to try it out. We were a little apprehensive when we arrived because it was almost empty, but perhaps that was just because it had been raining earlier or it was a slow night. We loved it!

Homemade tortilla chips and two salsas started our meal, followed by margaritas. The menu was clearly not that of your average "order by number" Mexican place (although I love those too). This was more authentic Mexican, and it was hard to choose because there were so many great choices! My friend had a salad which fresh pineapple, chicken, etc., I opted for the shrimp and guacamole appetizer ... two of my faves and they were fabulous.

The staff was very friendly and our food came out quickly. We will be back!

• Visited July 2013

“My favorite restaurant In Charlottesville”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

My wife and I have been going to Aqui es Mexico for six years. After this length of time and after going to many other restaurants in Cville, it is our favorite. The food is always the right temperature, well seasoned,and visually appealing. The service is formal but friendly. I have lived in Denver, and this is a better Mexican restaurant than any I have tried there. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Authentic Mexican”
Reviewed 2 April 2013

My husband and I found this place not long after returning from our Honeymoon in Mexico, and we sure were glad to find it! My husband is a taco fanatic so he loves being able to get more interesting items like Lengua (beef tongue) and Barbacoa (lamb) tacos. The Tortas are also fantastic and a favorite of mine and even the salsa is the best in town. The prices are a little more expensive than what you would pay at a run-of-mill Mexican restaurant, but it is absolutely worth it for an authentic taste of this cuisine.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank ddavis118
Nellysford, Virginia, USA
“What a find”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

This restaurant produces wonderful Mexican fare -- not too spicey -- Jose and staff are so proud of their meals and it shows in the taste and the service. Often full of families and university students. We all found a good thing and for a reasonable price. Muy, muy buena. Gracias

• Visited December 2012
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Yum, yum, yum!”
Reviewed 19 January 2013

Great little place with friendly staff that are eager to please. I can't pick a favorite plate because they are all delicious! Same plaza as Red Lantern--be smart, skip the Chinese, which is only so-so, and go for authentic Mexican that is not quite as American as many Mexican restaurants are.

Visited April 2012