“Yummy soup”

Cuisines: American, Soups
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Yummy soup”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I tried this place based on Tripadvisor reviews, so knew I could try tastes. I tried the spicy peanut tofu soup, and it was very tasty. But when I tried the corn and crab chowder, I knew I had to have that one. Oh, my! It was fresh and yummy. The crab was real crab, not krab, and the corn was tender and sweet, and had been freshly cut from the cob (some of it was still connected in rows). The blend of textures and flavors was lovely. The roll that came with the soup was fresh and tasty, and they even offered a free apple if you bought soup.

This is very much a local, hole in the wall sort of place, but being able to get soup that good, along with a variety of local beers, makes up for any deficiency in atmosphere. I would definitely recommend Revolutionary Soup.

• Visited March 2014

Arlington, Virginia
“I wish I had gotten more soup”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I don't remember what I had with the soup, but it was not as good as the spicy peanut soup. I should have gotten 2 types of soup rather than the 1/2 sandwich/soup deal. Their soups are no joke.

Charlottesville, Virginia
“Best Peanut Tofu Soup in the WORLD!!!”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

This is a great little sandwich/soup pub like restaurant. There are two locations in Charlottesville, one next to UVA (The Corner)and the other on the Downtown Mall. We went to the Downtown Mall location. Love the basement atmosphere. Everyone working there was super nice, all looked in the 20's, dressed very hip and relaxed, as if they actually enjoyed working there. The menu is quite extensive for such a small joint. Lots of sandwiches, soups, wraps. My favorite by far is the peanut tofu soup. Definitely a keeper!

Herndon, Virginia
“wonderful soup, disinterested service”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Great soup, funky college-town ambiance. I tried the peanut tofu soup, and it was better than delicious. Came with a nice, chewy roll. Alas, the service was disinterested at best at mid- to late-afternoon on a Saturday. At least half the tables were dirty with crumbs or leftover dishes. (In fairness, customers are supposed to clear their own tables; but the staff should have noticed – on a slow afternoon shift – that most tables needed busing.) Maybe I caught them on a bad day. The soup’s good enough that I’ll be back.

“Great food”
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Word of mouth got us to this restaurant on a cold Feb afternoon. The ambience is casual. The place was jam packed with families, college students, young couples and the elderly.
The menu offerings were soups, salads, wraps and sandwiches.
We ordered the lamb curry soup,chicken tortilla soup, tomato soup, thai tofu veggie wrap, kickin' chicken sandwich and grilled cheese.
I was absolutely blown away by how delicious my veggie wrap was.The Lamb soup packed a good kick and was delicious. Hubby enjoyed his tortilla soup and chicken sandwich. The tomato soup was ok- nothing to write home about.
We'll be back to try out more from the menu.
A must try!