“We had a Wonderful Quiet,Relaxing Stay”

Residence Inn Charlottesville
Ranked #19 of 35 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
Waldorf, Maryland
“We had a Wonderful Quiet,Relaxing Stay”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Lisa was so nice when she checked us in. We had a long drive and visited family for the weekend. She really made the start of our weekend wonderful. The rooms where very nice and we had a wonderful 2 day getaway. Can't wait for our next trip to Charlottesville. Hope to see Lisa again. Thank you

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Shawn M, Manager at Residence Inn Charlottesville, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Danita,
It is so nice to hear that Lisa was able to make your 2 day getaway so enjoyable. I will pass your comments along to the entire staff. We look forward to your next visit to the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I was passing through the area and needed a stopover, so I chose the RI. I was hoping to find a Marriott property near the interstate, but ended up here because I was using reward points. Given the short length of my stay, this was far more room than I required. You enter a living area that has a kitchenette which I did not use, but it looked ample. There is some seating and a TV in the living area, and a separate bedroom with another TV. There is also free wifi.

The check-in process was very smooth and efficient, and the property was very clean. There is a large seating area for breakfast, and a very nice breakfast layout. There was a very personable staff person on hand to assist with any needs during breakfast.

While the property is not convenient to the interstate, it is near US 29 and right off Barracks Road, and I would definitely reccomend it if you are in town for business or a university event.

Room Tip: Ask for something near the back door so you can park near your room.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank R S
Shawn M, General Manager at Residence Inn Charlottesville, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
RS,
It is nice to hear that we were able to accommodate you on your short trip through the Charlottesville area. I hope your next trip will be longer and you can take advantage of the fully equipped kitchen. I am glad to hear you were able to experience the complimentary wireless internet and of course the full hot breakfast. Also Thank you for the nice comments about the staff. I will be sure to share this with the team!
maryland
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I spent one night at this hotel as a stopping point for my road trip. The room was comfortable with separate sitting area and bedroom. There was no door between bathroom sink and bedroom with tub and toilet behind a door. I didn't use the kitchen facilities in the room but they seemed adequate. There were two identical TV in sitting area and bedroom, but only one remote. The breakfast was good. The hotel wasn't real convenient to I-64, but using reward points it was worth a little extra driving.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

This will be the hotel I will come back to if I have plans in Charlottesville again. Hotel is clean, and comfortable. The rooms are very nice! We had the studio suite. It's a perfect fit for couples, buisness people, and single travelers. Everything you need is there in the room, even a wine bottle opener and soup spoons!! Breakfast was great! The ladie(s) attending to the breakfast area were very polite, sweet, and accommodating. They have snacks, and drinks downstairs for purchase, also a managers reception. We missed that, but I am sure it was great too. I have all good things to say about this hotel. No hesitation on where I will stay in c-ville next time. I have this marked on my Marriott account fav list. Thanks to the staff, and housekeeping for everything!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank A0730
NC
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Stayed for two nights in a two bedroom suite with my family. Great location - convenient to a lot of restaurants and shops and also just a short drive to the historic attractions. The front desk staff provided excellent service (arrived on 12/29) by going the extra mile to accommodate our requests. The room was clean and comfortable - could use some updating (older microwave, bed not great, etc.). The breakfast was another area where staff went the extra mile. The woman who maintains the area and cooks the food was amazing - sweet lady and she made sure everything was fresh and stocked. Great scrambled eggs (and one can rarely say that when it's sitting out on a buffet). The breakfast area looked renovated and kept clean. Several places in the area deliver dinner to the hotel as well if you don't want to head out or stock up from the grocery store. Will definitely stay here again next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jolena28
Cherry Valley, New York
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

My family of three stayed at this hotel for one night on our way down to myrtle beach. We stayed in a toon with a queen bed separated from the rest if the room by a door. I slept in the pullout which was just fine, clean sheets and pillows were provided. For the price, we couldn't have asked for more. There was a beautiful chrome refrigerator in our room, as well as a sink, microwave, and cabinet. It would have been perfect for an extended stay. Breakfast was included and the hostess was an absolute pleasure to chat with! Eggs, home fries, grits, cereal, and more! Right outside the hotel is a quaint plaza with a five guys, shopping, panera bread, Harris teeters, and more. There is an outdoor patio for eating, and beautiful lights hanging. We had a great stay, and will be back the next time we are in town!

Stayed December 2013
Sedona, Arizona
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Nice place close to shopping center and off the busy main drag. Rooms were nice. Has frig, microwave mini-kitchen for snacks, etc.
Good for family. Easy to get around. Staff friendly
Parking good. Breakfast good. Would stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Shawn M, General Manager at Residence Inn Charlottesville, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
Thank you so much for you kind words i regards to your recent stay at the Charlottesville Residence Inn, I am glad that you enjoyed our full complimentary breakfast...we hope to see you on your next trip to the area.