“Nice staff, rooms not so much”

Residence Inn Charlottesville
Ranked #17 of 35 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Nice staff, rooms not so much”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Why don't I make sure I'm getting a KING SIZED bed before I accept a reservation? When you're used to that at home it's very hard to be comfy in a queen. And three pillows for two people is just not enough. The light in the bathrooms also starts a fan that could knock your socks off. The room is big but just not cozy. I don't think I'd return to this particular property, although the front desk staff was off the charts friendly and helpful!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Shawn M, Manager at Residence Inn Charlottesville, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback; I do apologize that we were not able to exceed your expectations. I can understand your frustration about the bed size. Unfortunately all of our beds are queens. And as a friendly FYI, we do have an additional pillow located in the guest room closet. I do hope that you give us another chance to WOW you with our friendly and helpful staff.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I had the opportunity to stay at the Residence Inn on Millmont Street in Charlottesville for 6 months. The staff is both helpful and friendly. They make every effort to make you feel part of their "family". The property is recently renovated and the rooms are all updated with granite counters, comfortable beds and apartment like qualities. If your business takes you to Charlottesville or you are just passing through on vacation, I would definitely stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the rear of the property have a peaceful wooded view.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Jeani,
Thank you for the positive feedback about the hotel. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and loved the recent renovation. Hope to see you on yout next trip to the Charlottesville Area.
Waldorf, Maryland
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Lisa was so nice when she checked us in. We had a long drive and visited family for the weekend. She really made the start of our weekend wonderful. The rooms where very nice and we had a wonderful 2 day getaway. Can't wait for our next trip to Charlottesville. Hope to see Lisa again. Thank you

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Danita,
It is so nice to hear that Lisa was able to make your 2 day getaway so enjoyable. I will pass your comments along to the entire staff. We look forward to your next visit to the area.
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I was passing through the area and needed a stopover, so I chose the RI. I was hoping to find a Marriott property near the interstate, but ended up here because I was using reward points. Given the short length of my stay, this was far more room than I required. You enter a living area that has a kitchenette which I did not use, but it looked ample. There is some seating and a TV in the living area, and a separate bedroom with another TV. There is also free wifi.

The check-in process was very smooth and efficient, and the property was very clean. There is a large seating area for breakfast, and a very nice breakfast layout. There was a very personable staff person on hand to assist with any needs during breakfast.

While the property is not convenient to the interstate, it is near US 29 and right off Barracks Road, and I would definitely reccomend it if you are in town for business or a university event.

Room Tip: Ask for something near the back door so you can park near your room.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank R S
Shawn M, General Manager at Residence Inn Charlottesville, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
RS,
It is nice to hear that we were able to accommodate you on your short trip through the Charlottesville area. I hope your next trip will be longer and you can take advantage of the fully equipped kitchen. I am glad to hear you were able to experience the complimentary wireless internet and of course the full hot breakfast. Also Thank you for the nice comments about the staff. I will be sure to share this with the team!
maryland
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I spent one night at this hotel as a stopping point for my road trip. The room was comfortable with separate sitting area and bedroom. There was no door between bathroom sink and bedroom with tub and toilet behind a door. I didn't use the kitchen facilities in the room but they seemed adequate. There were two identical TV in sitting area and bedroom, but only one remote. The breakfast was good. The hotel wasn't real convenient to I-64, but using reward points it was worth a little extra driving.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

This will be the hotel I will come back to if I have plans in Charlottesville again. Hotel is clean, and comfortable. The rooms are very nice! We had the studio suite. It's a perfect fit for couples, buisness people, and single travelers. Everything you need is there in the room, even a wine bottle opener and soup spoons!! Breakfast was great! The ladie(s) attending to the breakfast area were very polite, sweet, and accommodating. They have snacks, and drinks downstairs for purchase, also a managers reception. We missed that, but I am sure it was great too. I have all good things to say about this hotel. No hesitation on where I will stay in c-ville next time. I have this marked on my Marriott account fav list. Thanks to the staff, and housekeeping for everything!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank A0730
NC
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Stayed for two nights in a two bedroom suite with my family. Great location - convenient to a lot of restaurants and shops and also just a short drive to the historic attractions. The front desk staff provided excellent service (arrived on 12/29) by going the extra mile to accommodate our requests. The room was clean and comfortable - could use some updating (older microwave, bed not great, etc.). The breakfast was another area where staff went the extra mile. The woman who maintains the area and cooks the food was amazing - sweet lady and she made sure everything was fresh and stocked. Great scrambled eggs (and one can rarely say that when it's sitting out on a buffet). The breakfast area looked renovated and kept clean. Several places in the area deliver dinner to the hotel as well if you don't want to head out or stock up from the grocery store. Will definitely stay here again next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family