Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North
Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
Huntingtown, Maryland, United States
“OK Stay”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

I stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Charlottesville, VA last week for a night, and used a free night's stay from Marriott. I have stayed at this hotel before, and also commented on it on TripAdvisor, and gave it a top ranking. This stay was different, however, due to the front desk staff.

I checked in somewhat late after midnight, and the entry doors are locked in the vestibule requiring you to push a bell to gain access late at night. I rang the bell four times before I was let in the building, and when I proceeded to the front desk, it was obvious the person had been sleeping. No apology, and not very friendly service.

When I checked out, I didn't get a warm feeling either. I asked for a receipt at checkout, and no "Happy to help you!" Also, no "thanks for staying", or "come again", or "thanks for your business!".

The hotel itself is a great place to stay, and is affordable, still in proximity to the city, and close enough to UVA, etc. The hotel has been updated, and restaurant choices are abundant, and the hotel is clean. I rated this stay "average" because I know everyone has an off day at times, but hope the next time I stay the service is a bit more friendly and appreciative.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Washington DC
Reviewed 15 November 2012 via mobile

We travelled to Charlottesville for a long weekend of wine tasting and fly fishing. Fairfield is a pet friendly hotel and we had our dogs with us. The room was clean and met our needs. Free wireless Internet and breakfast. We had a great stay.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank canesgirl2006
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We stayed one night at this hotel and had a very good experience. Room was large, clean, well-appointed, good wi-fi. There were no luggage carts so we had to make two trips to our room with luggage. One staff member who checked us in was very helpful, knowledgeable. The second person was not as friendly but not rude. Getting to University of VA means a car but then we parked it and walked around campus. Lots of reasonably priced restaurants, probably because of the heavy student population. We had a good night's sleep, and the breakfast was very good. The staff in the breakfast room were very helpful, the food was in good supply with a good selection of hot and cold items. Coffee was pretty good. We'd stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Virginia Beach
Reviewed 13 October 2012

This hotel is clean and convenient and staff is knowledgeable of the area and helpful.
Breakfast is adequate and it appeared that staff was shorthanded. I would stay here again if
traveling in the area..

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Salem
Reviewed 6 October 2012

I stayed here for 4 weeks on a business trip, at first it was hard to get all my luggage in. There were no carts and i had a lot of luggage. I had to park out back and make 3 trips up and down the steps outside. The night staff isn't the best, she wasn't rude but just not very pleasant. The room was really nice and clean and smelled very clean. There was a refridgerator and mucrowave. A nice tv and coffee maker. They breakfast was very nice with waffle makers, fruit, cereal, microwavable biscuits and juice. It's also has a small workout room with weights two treadmills and elyptical machine. It's a very nice place to stay and I was happy to call it home for my extended stay.

• Stayed October 2012
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed 5 October 2012

This Fairfield is on the north side of town, but its location is still convenient to downtown Charlottesville and UVA. It was one of the larger Fairfields that I’ve been to, and it has been renovated to the new(er) Marriott look. The breakfast area was able to accommodate the large number of hotel guests. It was a pleasant stay. I can see myself back at this hotel on my next trip to Charlottesville.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 20 September 2012

My husband and I recently stayed here for a weekend and really enjoyed the hotel. The hotel is very convenient: just off the highway, only a few miles from downtown, and minutes from other great attractions. Every staff member we spoke with was helpful, cheerful, and genuinely cared for our well being. The rooms were clean and the breakfast was excellent. The hotel was recently renovated and it looks great. The bed was a little too firm for me, but I am very picky about beds! Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Charlottesville area.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family