“Terrific Rest at a Great Price!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North
Ranked #15 of 35 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
Reviewed 17 September 2013

In the area for business, made a reservation and got a great AAA discount price. Staff was very friendly, gave me the room I needed on the top floor and handed me a little goodie bag too! Nice, trendy feel to the hotel, room was updated, clean, bright and very comfortable. The place was spotless, the morning free breakfast was very good, clean, and the servers were very helpful. Will definitely stay again when I visit the area again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Dear Georgia2maine,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay; I'm glad that you enjoyed our refreshed look so much and found our staff so friendly and accommodating. We appreciate your high ratings across the board and look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Charlottesville! Thanks again for your comments.

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North

Reviewed 30 August 2013

Great staff! Got lost, and had to call for directions late at night. He kept me on the phone till I drove in the driveway. I was very tired, and grateful (sorry I did not get your name, but I remember you). Hotel was very clean. Room was very comfortable, and spacious. Complimentary breakfast was very much appreciated the next morning. Nice stopover for a visit to Monticello the next morning. Kroger is next door if you need food, or are packing a cooler. That alone is fabulous. Enjoyed our stay very much, and highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

Dear hjbear23,

Thanks so much for your review and I'm delighted to read our desk clerk was able to guide you to hotel safely, as well as that you had a clean, comfortable stay. I hope you had fun exploring Monticello and the local area! We appreciate your high ratings and recommendation and look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Charlottesville. Thanks again for your comments!

Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

We truly enjoyed our stay here. Staff was very nice and beds were comfortable. If I had to change anything it would be the breakfast. The eggs and Canadian bacon were dry and had no flavor. The milk tasted old but perhaps it was the fridge. The temperature wasn't cold enough. Expiration was still good though. Waffles were amazing! Couldn't get enough of those.
It rained all night long and for some weird reason the sound against the wall or roof was extremely irritating. I understand that's hard to control but just thought it was strange that it was so loud.
Other than that, nice place to stay for a night or two. Don't think we'll be coming back though. We prefer an indoor
pool, better breakfast and a bigger room.

• Stayed: August 2013
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Dear Vacaytime7,

We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us and are glad that you enjoyed it overall. I'm very pleased to hear you found our staff so friendly and had a comfortable sleep, but do apologize that a couple aspects of our breakfast fell short of your expectations and our team will discuss your feedback - we love the waffles too! Thank you again for your review and we hope you'll give us another opportunity on your next visit to Charlottesville.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

We needed a stopover going from West Virginia to Hampton Roads and Charlottesville was midway. Decided on this Fairfield Inn because of location, price and amenities (pool, breakfast, lobby coffee).

Room was average, but very clean and well maintained. Complimentary breakfast was average, but with enough healthy choices to be welcome,

However it was the staff that was exceptional -- after checking out and driving halfway we discovered that electronics had been left behind. I phoned the front desk attendant, Missy Murphy, and explained and asked that housekeeping check for it. She phoned me back 15 minutes later saying it had been found and that they would ship it out to my home address. I thanked her & asked her to thank the housekeeper who found it, She said it was the Manager, Debbie Brown, whom she asked to go to the room and look. She was the one who found it. Excellent management decision and skills, Missy. Thank you.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank kroywen1
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Dear kroywen1,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Fairfield Inn & Suites. I'm happy to read that we ended up being a convenient stopover during your trip, as well as that our staff was able to efficiently handle finding the device you left behind; I will be sure to pass your kind words on! Thanks again for your review and we hope it won't be too long before we see you for another stay.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Well maintained, courteous staff, and a warm breakfast. Close to much in c'ville. Overall a nice experience. Staff attentive to our needs, including those of my aged mother. And, warm cookies in the lobby at night!

Room Tip: First floor
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Dear 697foodie,

Thanks so much for your review - I'm glad that our staff was able to accommodate all of your needs and that you enjoyed the cookies! We appreciate your high ratings across the board and look forward to seeing you the next time you're in town. Thank you again for the review!

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Stayed 2 nights in a suite. Gym had weights, treadmill and elliptical. Pool area was located right below all the rooms in the back yard, so it felt like being in a fish bowl with everybody having a view to the pool.
The only negative thing was the cleaning on the second day, no vacuuming, same crumbs were on the floor and the room attendant didn't wipe the counter tops.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Riitta S
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Dear RLSS56,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and I'm very pleased to hear that you tried out one of our suites and found it very nice. I do apologize for the inconveniences you faced and our housekeeping team will discuss your feedback promptly to improve moving forward. Otherwise, we're glad to see you rate your sleep quality so highly and hope to see you the next time you're in town. Thanks again for your review!

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Average Fairfield Inn, with thinner towels, overused and indented mattresses. We needed 3 rooms for our family and all had bottles of conditioner but NO shampoo. That required extra trips to the desk. Convenient to UVA and highways. Average and serviceable free breakfast - staff was very friendly and quick to accommodate guests.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear BixUS,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our Fairfield Inn & Suites. I apologize for the lack of shampoo and our team will discuss your feedback regarding our furnishings to help improve for the future. I am glad, however, to read that you found our staff very friendly and accommodating and that our location was great for your needs. If you would like speak further, please reach out to me at the number below. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you the next time you're in the area.

(434) 822-2161