Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North
Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
Alexandria, Virginia
“Average”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

The Fairfield was fine, not exceptional. It has all the basics that you'd expect, and was clean. The location in the Food Lion parking lot was nothing to speak of. I had made reservations several months in advance for one night. A month before my stay, my plans changed such that I'd be there two nights. I tried to change the reservations online almost daily and the results came back either with no rooms available, or with none at my rate. I asked upon check-in, but while rooms were available, they would not sell one to me at the rate I had. I ended up staying with a friend the second night, as the rate was just too high for what the hotel was. I am surprised that Marriott would prefer to have a room unsold.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Dear DelRayKate1,

Thanks for taking the time to share feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I'm glad to read you found us clean and that we provided a good array of amenities, but do apologize for the lack of availability for a second night and will pass your feedback onto our team for discussion. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at the number below if you would like to discuss your visit further. Thank you again for your comments and we hope you'll give us another opportunity on your next visit to Charlottesville.

(434) 822-2161

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Mexico, New York
Reviewed 17 September 2013

In the area for business, made a reservation and got a great AAA discount price. Staff was very friendly, gave me the room I needed on the top floor and handed me a little goodie bag too! Nice, trendy feel to the hotel, room was updated, clean, bright and very comfortable. The place was spotless, the morning free breakfast was very good, clean, and the servers were very helpful. Will definitely stay again when I visit the area again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Dear Georgia2maine,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay; I'm glad that you enjoyed our refreshed look so much and found our staff so friendly and accommodating. We appreciate your high ratings across the board and look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Charlottesville! Thanks again for your comments.

Orlando, FL
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Great staff! Got lost, and had to call for directions late at night. He kept me on the phone till I drove in the driveway. I was very tired, and grateful (sorry I did not get your name, but I remember you). Hotel was very clean. Room was very comfortable, and spacious. Complimentary breakfast was very much appreciated the next morning. Nice stopover for a visit to Monticello the next morning. Kroger is next door if you need food, or are packing a cooler. That alone is fabulous. Enjoyed our stay very much, and highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
Dear hjbear23,

Thanks so much for your review and I'm delighted to read our desk clerk was able to guide you to hotel safely, as well as that you had a clean, comfortable stay. I hope you had fun exploring Monticello and the local area! We appreciate your high ratings and recommendation and look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Charlottesville. Thanks again for your comments!

Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

We truly enjoyed our stay here. Staff was very nice and beds were comfortable. If I had to change anything it would be the breakfast. The eggs and Canadian bacon were dry and had no flavor. The milk tasted old but perhaps it was the fridge. The temperature wasn't cold enough. Expiration was still good though. Waffles were amazing! Couldn't get enough of those.
It rained all night long and for some weird reason the sound against the wall or roof was extremely irritating. I understand that's hard to control but just thought it was strange that it was so loud.
Other than that, nice place to stay for a night or two. Don't think we'll be coming back though. We prefer an indoor
pool, better breakfast and a bigger room.

• Stayed August 2013
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Dear Vacaytime7,

We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us and are glad that you enjoyed it overall. I'm very pleased to hear you found our staff so friendly and had a comfortable sleep, but do apologize that a couple aspects of our breakfast fell short of your expectations and our team will discuss your feedback - we love the waffles too! Thank you again for your review and we hope you'll give us another opportunity on your next visit to Charlottesville.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We needed a stopover going from West Virginia to Hampton Roads and Charlottesville was midway. Decided on this Fairfield Inn because of location, price and amenities (pool, breakfast, lobby coffee).

Room was average, but very clean and well maintained. Complimentary breakfast was average, but with enough healthy choices to be welcome,

However it was the staff that was exceptional -- after checking out and driving halfway we discovered that electronics had been left behind. I phoned the front desk attendant, Missy Murphy, and explained and asked that housekeeping check for it. She phoned me back 15 minutes later saying it had been found and that they would ship it out to my home address. I thanked her & asked her to thank the housekeeper who found it, She said it was the Manager, Debbie Brown, whom she asked to go to the room and look. She was the one who found it. Excellent management decision and skills, Missy. Thank you.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank kroywen1
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Dear kroywen1,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Fairfield Inn & Suites. I'm happy to read that we ended up being a convenient stopover during your trip, as well as that our staff was able to efficiently handle finding the device you left behind; I will be sure to pass your kind words on! Thanks again for your review and we hope it won't be too long before we see you for another stay.

Shenandoah, Virginia
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Well maintained, courteous staff, and a warm breakfast. Close to much in c'ville. Overall a nice experience. Staff attentive to our needs, including those of my aged mother. And, warm cookies in the lobby at night!

Room Tip: First floor
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Dear 697foodie,

Thanks so much for your review - I'm glad that our staff was able to accommodate all of your needs and that you enjoyed the cookies! We appreciate your high ratings across the board and look forward to seeing you the next time you're in town. Thank you again for the review!

Virginia
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Stayed 2 nights in a suite. Gym had weights, treadmill and elliptical. Pool area was located right below all the rooms in the back yard, so it felt like being in a fish bowl with everybody having a view to the pool.
The only negative thing was the cleaning on the second day, no vacuuming, same crumbs were on the floor and the room attendant didn't wipe the counter tops.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Riitta S
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Dear RLSS56,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and I'm very pleased to hear that you tried out one of our suites and found it very nice. I do apologize for the inconveniences you faced and our housekeeping team will discuss your feedback promptly to improve moving forward. Otherwise, we're glad to see you rate your sleep quality so highly and hope to see you the next time you're in town. Thanks again for your review!