While Fairfield Inn is clean and offers several desirable amenities such as continental breakfast, a pool, and free Wi-Fi, I just can get over the poor quality of service we received. We stayed here for one evening as we were attending a wedding nearby. I called the evening before our arrival to inquire about the possibility of an early check-in as their regular check-in time is after 3PM and that cut a little too close for us to be able to get ready and make it to our event in a timely fashion. We were told they couldn't guarantee anything would be available early, but they would make note of our request and to call about an hour before we arrived to check again. Fast forward to the day of our arrival. I called ahead to make the same inquiry and was told there was still nothing ready and to call back 20 mins prior to arrival. I follow their advice and call again 20 min prior to arrival and they still have nothing available for us. Get to the hotel, still nothing available for us and only when we get to the hotel do they notify house-keeping to prioritize prepping a room for us....FINALLY our room is ready about 20 minutes later. The room is nice enough, and clean.
Upon returning from the event for the evening (mind you it was very late) there was absolutely no parking in the parking lot. How do you not have enough parking for all your guests? My husband had to drop me off and park the car down the hill.
One of their desirable amenities is their free continental breakfast. Now continental breakfasts are fairly standard in terms of what they serve etc. which is fine. However, we were thoroughly disappointed with the food and beverage served here. The apple juice tasted like it had been cut with water...(I mean it was like apple-flavored water...it was bad) How do you screw up apple juice? The OJ was the same story. Same with the eggs. Everything was just watery and poor quality.
We will not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Charlottesville hotel is located near the nationally acclaimed University of Virginia Cavaliers in the heart of beautiful Charlottesville, Virginia. We offer free breakfast, free WiFi, fitness center, and outdoor swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn Charlottesville North Hotel Charlottesville
- Fairfield Charlottesville
- Charlottesville Fairfield Inn