I missed the friendly staff although they were competent I was hoping for a little more "love" from them. Upon check-in while there were two staff there, one didn't work with the line of customers waiting to check in and the other was changing several reservations from the gentlemen in front of me for various future dates. We were tired and just wanted to get to our room. Had a 2 queen suite on the 5th floor. Quiet room location except it was in the back of the hotel. If you are a light sleeper do not stay in the back as there are train tracks right behind the hotel with trains running all night. At 5a a delivery truck backed into the hotel and of course you could hear the beeping of the truck which woke us up as well. Room has those smushy, feather pillows that who on earth could sleep on. Free breakfast was "ok", fruit not fresh at all but for the price (i.e., free) you cannot complain. Would I stay here again? Probably not as it is not convenient to historic downtown Charlottesville, quite a walk and the free trolley was a nightmare.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn and Suites Charlottesville - At The University reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Charlottesville - At The University Hotel Charlottesville
- Hampton Inn Hotel Charlottesville
- Hampton Inn Charlottesville
- Charlottesville Hampton Inn